B&G Simrad 50 2012

Cameron

Revolution is coming to play in Short Haul SPINNAKER. After owning the boat 10 years I've been convinced a spinnaker is ok. But don't worry, the dodger is staying on, the squabs are still in and the freezer is still full.

Hey Jono, I met your boat partner the other day and his kid says the boat is a) a weapon, B) the coolest 1104 in the country.

You've got a lot to live up to. :D

Revolution is coming to play in Short Haul SPINNAKER. After owning the boat 10 years I've been convinced a spinnaker is ok. But don't worry, the dodger is staying on, the squabs are still in and the freezer is still full.

Keep an eye out for a large family of moths being launched into the air when you hoist. Kites are still fun Jono... But gennakers are even better!

Up until May it had been out once for the sea trial back in 2002? when we bought the boat. So I think it is over 15 years old. Pretty good nick though.

We are going old school with a power pole and jockey pole. Next the crew will be wanting tweakers.

It's actually a marketing exercise so more people see it outside the Small Boat course. A partnership share still available.....

Some start pics by an amateur

Starting weather conditions -

Wind - gusting 5kts

Sea state - No state at all

Tide - Nope none of that either

MetService forecast - 20kts

Guessed forecast by start team - 20 Yeah right!!

Sun - Peeking it's way out and starting to get pumping

Temp - Knot bad at all

Clouds - Bugger all at start time but some building out the back.

post-646-141887202871.jpg

post-646-141887202874.jpg

post-646-141887202877.jpg

Got the wizz bang flash camera but no idea how to work it. Nikon D7000 if anyone is interested. Everything that had 'auto' by it was set to 'auto'. Sigma DC 18-200mm zoom lens attached.

Top photo below of the Small sporty fleet sadly doesn't come with sound, but then if it did it would have a R18 rating. They did provide the best clusterfuck on the line by a long margin. The large lens is zoomed to the max and we could hear the words being spoken/screamed :lol: :lol:

The other starts weren't quite so hotly contested even if the multis did come bloody close.

post-646-141887202893.jpg

post-646-141887202895.jpg

post-646-141887202897.jpg

A few pics I snapped earlier. Not quite up to the standard I usually like to post but got caught short when Sundreamer and I did an unplanned fly past of the fleet - only had a regular lens instead of telephoto so lots of cropping here. Anyway, better than nothing...

IMG_0710s.jpg

IMG_0691s.jpg

IMG_0785cs.jpg

IMG_0781cs.jpg

IMG_0779cs.jpg

IMG_0773cs.jpg

IMG_0772cs.jpg

IMG_0770cs.jpg

IMG_0767cs.jpg

IMG_0759cs.jpg

IMG_0749cs.jpg

IMG_0722cs.jpg

IMG_0720cs.jpg

IMG_0719cs.jpg

IMG_0718cs.jpg

IMG_0715cs.jpg

IMG_0712s.jpg

IMG_0702s.jpg

IMG_0700cs.jpg

IMG_0698s.jpg

IMG_0697s.jpg

IMG_0694cs.jpg

IMG_0689s.jpg

IMG_0681cs.jpg

IMG_0670s.jpg

IMG_0668s.jpg

IMG_0665s.jpg

IMG_0657cs.jpg

IMG_0652cs.jpg

IMG_0647cs.jpg

well like I said they're not quite up to standard due to the short lens but a couple are ok. usual rules apply, anyone who sees a pic here that they want or reckon they saw us fly overhead and thinks we might have snapped them drop me a PM with name/description/sail number of boat - and if I have a pic I'll send you the high-res version.

A few pics I snapped earlier. Not quite up to the standard I usually like to post but got caught short when Sundreamer and I did an unplanned fly past of the fleet - only had a regular lens instead of telephoto so lots of cropping here. Anyway, better than nothing...

Great shots. We were really just out for a fly to Whitianga where I had a meeting but decided to catch the fleet on the way home. Therefore instead of taking the door off like we did in coastal, we just opened it which you can do under 55knots but the airflow disturbance to the rudder and elevator played hell with the flying characteristics. You can see the door in the first photo.

but the airflow disturbance to the rudder and elevator played hell with the flying characteristics.

You can say that again! It was bloody freezing too. :shock:

Nice shots AC/Sundreamer and KM, thanks guys, the language was fairly colourful on the start as KM alluded, glamour start for us in this one thanks to Stevie on the stick. A bit light for a sticky little boat like us for the duration but hoping for a good result. Great day for a yacht, had lots of fun beating up the side of Waiheke with Revolution Blues and the guys from Napier on the Ross 780 Fine Entry which goes really well.

The PIG supertankers in the cruising division need either their own course or their own start PLEASE SSANZ, its not that much fun when some turkey in a 45 footer decides to play match-racing and wrecks parts of your race with their wind-shadow. For Fks sake dude we are not even in the same division go wreck someone elses race.

Other than a continuous moving block of apartments following us everywhere bar when we left them behind downwind we had a great day.

Thanks SSANZ. :D

Guys, just a request if you are sending me PM requests for high-res images please can you give me an email address that can handle large files.... otherwise it gets a bit of a bind dealing with the rejected emails and working out what has got through and what hasn't.

I send each pic separately due to size but they can be up to 10Mb each.

Archived