Chains Ropes and Anchors Oh @#$% ! Award B&G Simrad Series

Cameron

Marshy, if you're feeling neighbourly you could send a notification to LINZ. I don't know how responsive they are but would assume they would issue a NTM to prevent the same happening to the next bloke(ess). There's an on-line form for reporting uncharted hazards like this so should only take 5 min.

http://www.linz.govt.nz/hydro/report-hazard-hnote

Yip..report it in Marshy

The last thing anyone wants, who has commented on here is to have this thread at a Coroners Inquest into some poor family who have lost their kids after motoring into it.

Bump N Grind ???

No hold that bus, they found their own rock last Simrad ;)

I do believe that he tried to move Rangi... But Rangi had other ideas..

Bump N Grind ???

No hold that bus, they found their own rock last Simrad ;)

hhmmm so for the record it wasn't us this year!!! (touch wood!).

sad to hear - but BnG was way too far behind the fleet this year for anyone to notice what we might or might not have done! ....

Something to be said for stayn out deeper these days.....

Thanks for the reminder Knot Me!!

In the absense of other candidates so far from the B&G Simrad 60 I might have to nominate myself...

Blew out the No.2 Kite on the reach home. The sail is the only original sail that is still (or was) used when racing. Built in 1987 it has come down in multiple pieces on numerous occassions and still holds the outright speed record for the boat. Having seen it up in over 40 knots many times I'm quite disappointed that it's demise occured in a mere 25knots (admittedly fully pressed up while going as high as conditions allowed). Must contact the sailmaker about the warranty...

Also broke the 10+ year old spectra spinnaker pole downhaul bridal. Made by a well known rigger on the SSANZ committee, I'll be having words to him about warranty too... (What do you mean about 10+years sitting in the sun and rain may have weakened it ?)

Haven't had any breakages for sooo long and then I go out and break everything when the owner isn't onboard !

On the positive at least the kite got us in front of the lead Stewart 34 before it gave up !

I believe that another committee member in long haul div 2 may have something to own up to as well.

The rumor is they did the reverse hoist off the bow and then under keel and rudder to come back onboard in pieces

But I've only heard this second hand and and not being one to spread rumors I shell knot say any more!

Sounds like Pepe is a contender. Get the gun only to find out afterwards they fecked up and the most gutting part is that it was only 1 mile after the start.

Watched a rather peacfull state of mind boat trash a kite under the boat and pole round the stays just after flat rock.

Our only dilemma was our start, it flet like we were swallowed by lion and her flapping headsail, stalled and diddn't make the ODM, had to go back and do it again. Nice photo sequence on the ssanz site

Watched a rather peacfull state of mind boat trash a kite under the boat and pole round the stays just after flat rock

That could be the one I'm knot mentioning

Guilty

Took 20 minutes to sort it out. Very very trashed MH kite.

It was the first time ever that I've packed it with the 3 corners on the bottom and everything else jammed on top. The front hatch let a fair bit water in and the kite bag was 10 times the weight. As soon as I went to hoist the whole thing jumped out of the bag and went over the side, filled nicely, stopped the boat and tore to shreds, wrapping itself around the rudder in the process. Expensive lesson. Poled jib to Motuora must have wasted a few more minutes. Valium, Coppelia and co were long gone. Bugger.

Well i got a lovely suprise today as i was unable to make it to SSANZ prizegiving.

Thanks Grant and team at Chains Ropes and Anchors for my award! I will be seeing you soon to find out what mercenary needs!

And thanks to the SSANZ team for yet again a wicked series! See you next year.

Archived