ETNZ AC72 Sailing

Was the under tow?

Was under tow down the harbour as expected If I had a boat and some petrol I would have chased them to Kawau.

I was in one of the glass towers that front the water front, when it went by(under tow).

Very impressive.

Made the meeting more interesting too.

Bloody fast but dunno about anyone else, it just looks wrong to me. When I see most boats sailing I get a good feeling but this one looks so unnatural it makes me feel ill at ease, just waiting for it to go wrong. Bizzare.

I'm convinced they gonna flip it at some stage or one of the syndicates will. They must have a recovery plan 'just in case', wonder what it is.

Be interesting to know if the wing would survive going for a swim?

(and you are right, I expect to see at least one of these become inverted at some point).

I'm convinced they gonna flip it at some stage or one of the syndicates will. They must have a recovery plan 'just in case', wonder what it is.

1200 HP of yamaha should do it. :)

Surely you've sped the video up :shock:

thats it at normal towing speed in what might have been 10 knots. This thing is going to fly and I would love to see it in 15 knots and them not holding back.

I'm guessing that it doesn't count as one of their 30 sailing days if they don't drop the tow line???

They would tow the SL33s from base to past north head so im not to sure if they did drop the tow line or not when they were past Rangi as I couldnt see. It was a great day to have a just a tow around sail as there wasnt that much wind but a lot of rain.

Technically they could spend half a day towing around creating apparent wind to load test a few systems and Boards etc without ever actually dropping the towline so its not a "Sailing Day"?

Archived