Milford Marina Problem

email received this morning - so glad my baby is still up at Mahurangi !!!

"Dear MCC member

Please be aware that the seals on the Milford Marina sill have unfortunately failed. As a consequence the Mariners Association had no alternative other than to lock the sill in the ‘down’ position.

This will mean that until the problem is fixed the marina will empty out and this may well affect the angle at which some boats settle in the mud!

Rest assured everything is being done to fix the problem however at this point the Mariners Association is unable to confirm when the problem will be fixed.

Kind regards

Alan

Alan Macfarlane

MCC Secretary

Mobile :- 021 02273137

Email :- alan@yourcd.co.nz

I think if my boat was still at Milford marina (sold it a year ago) I would prefer them to leave the sill up rather than down! Boats fall on top of each other when the sill stays down and the rigs must take some nasty loads when they get tangled :shock: :shock:

I will have to charge you for taking photos of my boat Amoretto :D

I must admit I was a bit shaken when I received the email about the sill failure. Thankfully she leaned the right way and there was no damage. A couple of extra mooring lines kept her upright on the next low tide.

I believe the sill is to be fixed hopefully on Thursday.

I will have to charge you for taking photos of my boat Amoretto :D

I must admit I was a bit shaken when I received the email about the sill failure. Thankfully she leaned the right way and there was no damage. A couple of extra mooring lines kept her upright on the next low tide.

I believe the sill is to be fixed hopefully on Thursday.

Feel free to use the pics, wont charge you royalties !!!

And you pay how much for that service :thumbdown:

For the Marina??

About $900 per year which is why we put up with tidal entrance and less than perfect facilities, can't beat the price

Is there anything behind a rumour drifting around pre-Xmas someone is trying to have a crack at digging the channel out to try and make Milford less tide influenced?

Be bloody good if they could but sadly I think all the digger would find is Taniwhas. Then again they can be tamed with a large dollop of cash.

There was some dredging undertaken in Milford Marina last year ... about the middle of the year. It was done by digger and loaded into trucks and carted away.

Don't know if there's any plans to do any more dredging in the near future.

The dredging last year was the usual marina dredging. Dredging the channel itself is a different matter. I am not sure why the channel can't also be dredged. Maybe it has a rock base...???

Nah, havn't heard that one, would be nice but I think we have enough problems getting permits for normal dredging, in between fighting off council attempts to bridge the creek.

That would be a massive project, taking 5 years to settle down the neighbours and get consents etc lined up before starting digging, some blasting of rock would also be involved so all in all, unlikely.

As i say though, would be nice.....

ps Sill now operational so back to normal

Archived