B&G Simrad 100

TimW

OK seeing as its Friday..

Been experimenting with this stuff... amazing what you can find on the web...

Here's one I made earlier... added the short course when Predict Wind went angry red on Sat night....

Capture.JPG

Check out the web app at this link...

http://marine.geogarage.com/routes

I used it for this screen dump...allows you to overlay charts on Google Maps satellite photos... might have saved Marshy from hitting that uncharted but Google satellite visible rock in the 50...

No expert (and kinda busy to help much with advice) but anyone should be able to do it.... and interested if better solutions out there. FYI also have Navionics App on Samsung in DriPhone case.

Good Luck,

harnesses tight and roll cages fitted!

War Machine out

Small print... no responsibility for badly drawn lines orother nav errors.. use at own risk .. I am your competitor after all :twisted:

Mmmm, thanks I'm fully confused now. I thought one of the courses included Channel Island (not that I'd be trying to shoot pics from there)?

Given the SSANZ site is pretty cool I'm kinda surprised not to see an easy, idiot-proof chart for muppets like me who prefer pictures to words (maybe it's there but I haven't spotted it)?

But thankfully I'm not out there navigating so not my problem.

OK, thanks Farrari.

Anyone else fancy helping me understand all the potential courses in plain pictures?

Ill give you a text of the committee boat when they know the course for tomorrow

Don't worry about it mate. All I was wanting was some pointers on the best places to get a lookout for snapping some pics of these misfits but no-body can be bothered to clarify the course(s) so I can't be bothered to take pics of their boats and email them etc.

OK... try this

Simrad%2520all%2520courses%2520zoom%2520out.JPG

Simrad%2520all%2520courses%2520zoom%2520in.JPG

All start at the yellow flag between between 0900 and 0920?

The monohull longhaul will probably be doing the blue course anti clockwise ie out to Channel Is and Little Barrier

The multis will probably do the green heavy weather course clockwise and be home by lunchtime

The shorthaulers will probably do the brown course clockwise and be home by midnight

The small boats will probably be doing the red course clockwise .. cant figure out when they will be tucked up

All of the above is subject to change but probably only if it really snots then everyone will get the green course.

If you are the guy doing the photos and video then hats off.. thankless time consuming task but we do thank you.... suggest that the best weather and best shots might be in the inner gulf after the start between Whangaparoa and Waiheke 0900 - 1200... or if you want real excitement then Colville Channel/Little Barrier late afternoon tomorrow. Hope that helps...

War machine - many thanks for your efforts creating these charts! Which I reckon should have been front & centre on the SSANZ website to be honest.

As a newbie here I wasn't expecting you to help out - I've probably never even snapped pictures your boat before - quite frankly I expected more help from some of the regulars here but strangely they all went very silent.

OK... try this

All start at the yellow flag between between 0900 and 0920?

The monohull longhaul will probably be doing the blue course anti clockwise ie out to Channel Is and Little Barrier

The multis will probably do the green heavy weather course clockwise and be home by lunchtime

The shorthaulers will probably do the brown course clockwise and be home by midnight

The small boats will probably be doing the red course clockwise .. cant figure out when they will be tucked up

All of the above is subject to change but probably only if it really snots then everyone will get the green course.

If you are the guy doing the photos and video then hats off.. thankless time consuming task but we do thank you.... suggest that the best weather and best shots might be in the inner gulf after the start between Whangaparoa and Waiheke 0900 - 1200... or if you want real excitement then Colville Channel/Little Barrier late afternoon tomorrow. Hope that helps...

Just back from North Head, breeze was fresh and building...

How did you go with photos AC? I imagine you would have gotten a few good ones as most of the fleet headed up the east coast bays first. Heres the best of my pics even though its not the clearest one that I took today as it was nearly at the max 35x zoom.

post-10945-141887208228.jpg

Archived