Coastal Classic

No its out. I have had no end of trouble trying to sort this out. Currently I have the hoster putting its head in the sand and the site developer saying its not their error. Just f88kin' ridiculous.

Gidday Booboo,

Have you got someone sorted to drive the van up yet? If not I might be interested.

Catch ya,

Murray

If anyone is, or knows someone who is, driving up to Russell (or Paihia/Opua), who might have room in their vehicle for a deflated inflatable dinghy, I know a boat who would appreciate being able to send up said dinghy (for use on the cruise home). It's a little bulky - takes up a full passenger's front seat I am told - so we need a vehicle with a little bit of spare room.

Can you get in touch ASAP if you can, or might be able to help? There's a few hoops to jump through to get it organised and to the right place before next week.

Cheers,

Bardy

029 234 7737

We will be having the North's van go up Bardy so it can probably go in there. I just need to find a driver!

Sailonline wrote to the organisers of this years Coastal Classic to see if they would like to buddy for an official virtual race but... heard nothing back.

THUS

Sailonline just happens to be sailing from Auckland to Russell, starting at 1000 Auckland time on Friday (2100utc on Thursday).

SO... for any relos or friends or chums who would like to try their hand at a virtual race, please do point them in our direction!!

Fair winds to all racing... should be a fun race, as ever!! :thumbup:

Sailonline wrote to the organisers of this years Coastal Classic to see if they would like to buddy for an official virtual race but... heard nothing back.

THUS

Sailonline just happens to be sailing from Auckland to Russell, starting at 1000 Auckland time on Friday (2100utc on Thursday).

SO... for any relos or friends or chums who would like to try their hand at a virtual race, please do point them in our direction!!

That's not good! I get forwarded all the emails, and didn't receive anything. Anyway good luck with the virtual race! Send me some more detailed information and I"ll put it on our race Facebook page - ccinfo@coastalclassic.co.nz

THUS

That's not good! I get forwarded all the emails, and didn't receive anything. Anyway good luck with the virtual race! Send me some more detailed information and I"ll put it on our race Facebook page - ccinfo@coastalclassic.co.nz

Im looking forward to sailing it virtual again while doing a few updates :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Okay, here is the situation.

I am doing coastal on Thunder. However, I am down in Hamilton. I am busy with university until Thursday morning. The rest of the crew are getting their luggage taken up tomorrow or Wednesday. Therefore, I am looking for someone who is going up Thursday afternoon or Friday before the race who would be able to take up an extra bag. I'm not sure how it would work, but maybe you could leave it in charge of the Opua YC (if they stay open), or drop it off where we are staying (once I find out), or some similar plan so that I have a change of clothes etc when I get up there.

Would anyone be able to help (or offer any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a boat, a crew, cat 3, an entry.

But I'm stuck in the desert in Saudi Arabia for work.

Wouldn't be so upset if the forecast was looking worse, but it looks awesome.

GUTTED

Is there an experienced driver who is available to take a double cab ute plus trailer (with Javelin) to Russell for a crew member on Frenzy. It could be arranged to be taken up on Thursday evening or Friday morning and even take up the inflatable for Bardy if not already arranged. Please contact Roger 0274714715, thanks :)

Hi Zoe - email sent! Thanks.

My understanding from last year had been, quite rightly, that the (new) sponsors would need to approve the virtual association with Sailonline for SOL to use the official name and be "buddies". Don't want to treat on any toes at this stage but any publicity to get more folks SOLing would be grand (it is free, after all!!).

:thumbup:

Is there an experienced driver who is available to take a double cab ute plus trailer (with Javelin) to Russell for a crew member on Frenzy. It could be arranged to be taken up on Thursday evening or Friday morning and even take up the inflatable for Bardy if not already arranged. Please contact Roger 0274714715, thanks :)

Thanks Andy. :o)

I will gove Roger a call...

RainbowChaser - it's all good for this year, yes we do need to be careful as a sponsor but you have the tick of approval for 2012. I am rushing out the door but will email you soon and we'll help to promote your online race. Thanks! Zoe

Archived