Coastal Classic

Danaide - you're welcome. I don't think that newsletter is ambiguous at all if you read the paragraph in its entirety.

Interestingly if you go to the YNZ webpage on Safety Regulations you'll find that our own regulation of safety certificates conflicts with the rules. Apparently you have to present your valid cert 7 days prior to the race. Last year we had one yacht have their inspection on the morning of the race and I cited their cert in the club. If we tried to impose that rule we'd be down 20% on entrants!

If you get your entry in before 5 October and you'll be in the draw to win a $500 voucher to spend at The Duke, courtesy of our race sponsor, PIC Insurance.

After 5 October we go into late fee mode and you don't want that!

Drop us a line on email or via the website if you have any questions about entering.

what he said!

We're at 90 to date with a bunch still provisional. You'll need to make sure you're paid up by 5 October (next Friday!) to aviod the late fee and be eligble for the $500 duke voucher spot prize the PIC insurance have put up!

PHRF aquired Cat 3 done and entered! All systems are go.

We're doing Dads and Lads, the 3 old mates and a son each( 2x 17 and 1 x 16) who have grown up together while we've been out cruising the coast. They're all ready making comments about walking frames, I'm thinking 'heh heh, I'm staying in the cockpit'.

I'm thinking - with three young bucks on the bow and three old farts in the stern - it'll be pretty easy to spot your boat on the start from the attitude of the boat in the water!

I'm thinking - with three young bucks on the bow and three old farts in the stern - it'll be pretty easy to spot your boat on the start from the attitude of the boat in the water!

We're optimised for running.... no no , not us... the boat.

So what's that story about the old bull and the young bull?

One of the old bulls has already made a sacrifice to neptune ( or someone)when he slipped and did a double somersault off the porch in his excitement to get to the boat on sunday for ' crew training'. Unfortunately D.Ave( name changed to protect his privacy ,but it doesn't have a full stop in it) mistimed his dismount and had to be carted off to A and E for a checkup. He's OK , but he broke a bottle of rum. Whole damn bottle!

Funny you should say that, the first thing Tony( the other OF) said was " we've got a helmsman now". I dunno, With D. Ave's penchant for gymnastics, it could get a bit crowded in that cockpit and , I ain't moving.

Archived