Coastal Classic

Indeed - it does look that way! Click on Crac-a-Jac in the Entrants List for more.

We now already have more entries than last year so its gonna be a biggie! Don't miss out - get your entries in!

:D Much better looking than his last crew :lol:

Indeed - it does look that way! Click on Crac-a-Jac in the Entrants List for more.

We now already have more entries than last year so its gonna be a biggie! Don't miss out - get your entries in!

:D Much better looking than his last crew :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The only question is......are they both single and are they going to change that by the end of the race :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The website looks great Zoe, awesome work. Definitely a step up on past versions. Looking forward to the race coverage!

Why sit and watch the race coverage when you could go and do the race?!?

I'm doing my darndest to bring the race website to life. Take a look -http://www.coastalclassic.co.nz/news/

Will there be live streaming of the race start? I think this might have been done a couple of years back.

I'm doing my darndest to bring the race website to life. Take a look -http://www.coastalclassic.co.nz/news/

Will there be live streaming of the race start? I think this might have been done a couple of years back.

Ogre organised it back in 2010 and unfortunitly he hasnt run it for crew.org.nz since as the internet speed is to slow for the quality that we would like to stream it. Hopefully when the internet speeds increase we can run it again.

From the Coastal team, no, not live, but I have a whole bunch of people stationed around the start area and as they leave Auckland who will be feeding info and photos to the website. After that, we have boats lined up to send in updates and photos, and we have Argentine Marine Media doing the race video.

What I found was most of the video received from the water or around the harbour was not much more than mildly interesting. 20s of a boat sailing along might be pretty but gives no idea of the relative positions of the other boats and really tells you nothing about what is happening. Even filming from the end of the wharf is not a lot of use as you only see the one boat closest to the wharf. We had a great spot that gave us a bit of altitude and thus some perspective, and the camera in a fixed position which was better.

Streaming it live came at a cost, which Mount Gay covered, but the quality had to be downgraded to make it stream , then it wasn't any use afterward.

IF we were to do it again:

1) someone has to cover the cost ($1,000)

2) I'd really like two cameras, one for live streaming, one for production quality

3) Mothership would have to say yes

4) would need some volunteers to help.

Anyone know where to find a long range forecast? Metvuw only goes out for one 7 days:

http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast ... nz&tim=168

...that high looks like it is moving east rather slowly so by friday next week we might either have a drifter or 25kts on the nose. I'm sure it will be totally different by next week anyway.

Archived