Barfoot & Thompson Shorthanded Series - Big Cash Prizes

Fish

So who is up for this?

6 races, one a month, two handed

$1,000 1st Overall

$500 2nd Overall

$250 3rd Overall

Plus two times $50 each race for 1st on handicap and next fastest boat from another club

Good work Barfoot & Thompson :clap: :clap: :clap:

Will we get just enough wind for the old kauri log to rumble B&G, will WT burgle the lot, and will any of the ditch reachers come up to the tropics for some quality sailing on quality water, or will the ditch reachers even work out where the tropics are :?:

First race 29th September, the perfect follow on after an epic Simrad series

B&T Summer Boat Racing.pdf

We'll be there, Not sure if we'll be as quick as fully crewed, but still we'll give it a go. Just have to get out, calibrate the pilot and sort out a few other little bits and pieces. Was nice to give the boat a real workout during Sundays race though. Guess if something was going to let go it would have done it then.

Don't think we'll see many town boats though. It is a really long way from the bridge to GH. Might get lost, or worse, sail all that way only to get beaten by a Ross 830.

raffertys rules will be there.

hey richard brown said you keel looked good wt.

can you lie over like that next time i clean your bum. won't need dive gear then :lol:

Yeah, it felt like we were really far over. More than we've ever had her before....

Would be really great if some of the town boats came up for this racing. We'll have to miss one to do bay week unfortunately, so that will have to be our drop!

Any multis up that way doing this series?

Which boat do you have ?

Timberwolf will be racing but we may still be out of action for the first race.

I want to do as much two handed as possible and last year the sail up in the morning was not that bad (took about 90 minutes).

I'm hoping Kant Know and Meltdown will be doing this as well.

Might have to convert AC back to race mode. You know, the usual stuff - strip out cruising crap, remove dodgers & bimini, change keel & rudder etc. A short morning's work.

You must be refering to AC, our sails are all from the early 80's, either old, small, or shaped like sugar sacks. Infact they are so bad I can't beleive our handicap is so high and should come down at least 20 or 30 points :D :D

hey would be great to have you up here EE. now how do we get fine entry up here.

Cheers Phil, Fine Entry is heading back to Napier soon unfortunately. We will in race/cruise mode as I threw all the cruising gear on last Sunday in prep for summer and I'm not taking it all off again!

AC harden up and get out there.

You must be refering to AC, our sails are all from the early 80's, either old, small, or shaped like sugar sacks. Infact they are so bad I can't beleive our handicap is so high and should come down at least 20 or 30 points :D :D
:lol: :lol: Love your style.

EE - to that txt before I forget again - Sounds like a plan.

Archived