Grant Dalton is the Man!

It wasn't jumping to conclusions, it was just reading exactly what he wrote.

Why do you feel the need to jump in and defend him/her. BTW it seems odd that and account set up over 4 years ago has suddenly become active, don't you think?

What the?

That's a good conspiracy :wtf:

I thought a troll would no be so patient? Why wait so long to rev people up.

A comment that evokes an emotional response is not trolling but an emotional response might be.

I am not defending him but just pointing Your over zealous use of word troll.

I actually thought he was quite accurate about a few points.

We are all trolls if we use your theory and this example.

Well that confirms it, you don't read posts.

It wasn't jumping to conclusions, it was just reading exactly what he wrote.

Why do you feel the need to jump in and defend him/her. BTW it seems odd that and account set up over 4 years ago has suddenly become active, don't you think?

What the?

That's a good conspiracy :wtf:

I thought a troll would no be so patient? Why wait so long to rev people up.

A comment that evokes an emotional response is not trolling but an emotional response might be.

I am not defending him but just pointing Your over zealous use of word troll.

I actually thought he was quite accurate about a few points.

We are all trolls if we use your theory and this example.

Well that confirms it, you don't read posts.

Did you say something? :lol:

You can't bag Dalton at the moment. He has put together the only non-billionaire funded program in this edition of the cup. No other team boss in the world has been able to do that this time, and this happened in addition to what was a pretty successful V70 campaign with what was deemed an average boat.

Dalton is super organised and having a AC72 out there doing it while the others are all still struggling to complete a days sailing speak volumes. Sure, there's a chance the ETNZ boat may not be quick, no one knows , but it's a reliable test boat and feeding good data back to it's designers. Which is exactly what is was built to do. None of the other teams for love nor money have this at the moment. That's got to be a vote of confidence doesn't it?

Have you checked to see who owns Emirates airline.

You can't bag Dalton at the moment. He has put together the only non-billionaire funded program in this edition of the cup. No other team boss in the world has been able to do that this time, and this happened in addition to what was a pretty successful V70 campaign with what was deemed an average boat.

Dalton is super organised and having a AC72 out there doing it while the others are all still struggling to complete a days sailing speak volumes. Sure, there's a chance the ETNZ boat may not be quick, no one knows , but it's a reliable test boat and feeding good data back to it's designers. Which is exactly what is was built to do. None of the other teams for love nor money have this at the moment. That's got to be a vote of confidence doesn't it?

Are you suggesting that all the partners and official suppliers have been given free exposure by Larry and why did he change his teams name to TEAM ORACLE USA if they are not contributing.

http://oracle-team-usa.americascup.com/partners

And look at the length of that list. Could be Larry is not using any of his money to fund the boat except the purchase of the Island in Hawai $500 ml. Going to be doing his testing in stronger winds. A bit like Dennis Conner did when he lifted the cup in Freemantle when it looked like N.Z. was going to win the cup. They had 61 straight wins untill then, a record that has not been beaten since..

Are you suggesting that all the partners and official suppliers have been given free exposure by Larry and why did he change his teams name to TEAM ORACLE USA if they are not contributing.

http://oracle-team-usa.americascup.com/partners

And look at the length of that list. Could be Larry is not using any of his money to fund the boat except the purchase of the Island in Hawai $500 ml. Going to be doing his testing in stronger winds. A bit like Dennis Conner did when he lifted the cup in Freemantle when it looked like N.Z. was going to win the cup. They had 61 straight wins untill then, a record that has not been beaten since..

Well said. Larry,s no fool and emirates are probably worth more than Larry and all his sponsors.

may be ETNZ is spending more than Larry.

Ah - you are forgetting Club Med also. Remember the French with all their experience chose a kiwi to overseeing rebuilding that boat and then skippering it.

As for TNZ he used his vast experience to keep that organisation afloat when it would have otherwise easily folded. Had it folded then would definitely not be watching a kiwi AC72 on the water.

While I lost quite a bit of respect for GD for some of his comments during the Volvo campaign I still think he deserves the term legend on the balance of his whole career to date.

As for this campaign - I agree - they haven't won it yet and are a long way from doing so. But you have to say that to be the only team to date not to have to put their boat back in the shed for a major failure is pretty legendary. TNZ are learning a huge amount about how to sail these boats while the other two are still trying to figure out what they've done wrong - legendary in my book!

ScottiE

The man who probably will always deserve that title legendary lives in Copenhagen,

he's 84 years old, he suffers from early stage Parkinson's disease, and he

has recently become a widower.

We all know that along the way he won four Olympic Gold Medals. As he grew

older he competed in four other Olympics, finishing well in all but one of

those, but not mounting the podium. But there is so much more...

- He has won the World Championship of the Finn, the 505, Snipe, Soling,

Star, Flying Dutchman, 5.5 and Tornado.

- He taught you all how to hike your small boats so you could sit out far

longer than you ever thought you could.

- He designed a bailer that really worked.

- He wrote four books to make you better sailors.

- He made great sails and a host of superior sailing equipment.

- He helped us understand the rules.

- He pointed out ways to improve the courses - such as upwind and downwind

gates.

- He was named Danish Sportsman of the Century.

- He smiled a great deal, and probably still does, and he was the

consummate gentleman, on and off the water.

He provided theories like Elvstrom theory on relativity that changed downwind sailing

His Name --- Paul Elvstrom.

Archived