Grant Dalton is the Man!

http://[/url]

You have to wonder. ETNZ will be the only team to be able to put refinements into boat 2. Other teams need to start building their second boats without even sailing their first ones.

Oracle is not sailing yet? Both are in the water and testing at the moment. Oracle has hydro foils on the rudders ETNZ does not.

Both are going to build 2nd boats. Oracle Testing with curved dagger boards - differrent curved dagger boards each side so as they turn to make a run in opposite direction they can compare data as oposed to two boat testing as far as dagger boards are concerned. Oracle seems to have an advanced design rear cross beam.

I note Oracle's number on the Cat is 17 which was the same number that was on the Tri. Any body know why the same number is used apart from it being a winner previously. ETNZ number was not.

Oracle has Coutts. Coutts seems to win every thing he touches. Beat Spithill in the Final match race AC 45s the have more points than Spithill on match racing races. ETNZ way down the points ladder - Luna Rossa has more points than ETNZ.

Interesting.

It appears to me Dalton needs some help ???

Does the marine industry realing want the cup to return to N.Z. Last time we held the cup the marine industry lost so many key

staff it compromised their workmanship and their ability to meet contracts on time and some took years to recover and retrain staff. Some openly expressed that they hoped the cup would never return to N.Z.

ETNZ has the same rudder foils as Orical from the pics I have seen. T shape at the bottom.

Curved foils on Orical? Since when? I heard they are packing up and moving to Hawaii.

This race will not come down to match racing. The fastest boat will win.

As for the AC45s. Who cares about the AC45s. You are better of tying to win the cup on 72s. I bet ETNZs priority on the 45s is close to 0 right now.

Yes Coutts is good but this time it might not be his race.

NOW!!!!

Take a look.

http://oracle-team-usa.americascup.com/

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/multihulls/74369d1347724978-34th-americas-cup-multihulls-ac-72-oracles-fully-submerged-altitude-controlled-system.jpg

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/multihulls/74371d1347725046-34th-americas-cup-multihulls-ac-72-team-nz-foil-config-based-9-6-12-video.jpg

Take a look.

P.S.

ETNZ's RIG has just crashed Now !!!

and GD is in Tears now !!!

Does the marine industry realing want the cup to return to N.Z. Last time we held the cup the marine industry lost so many key staff it compromised their workmanship and their ability to meet contracts on time and some took years to recover and retrain staff. Some openly expressed that they hoped the cup would never return to N.Z.

No comments from or about what the people in the boat building industry think or feel.

Saw that and didn't feel like wasting a perfectly good 'bollocks' on it to be honest.

Oracle boat looks good. Although the leeward hull appears to be firmly stuck in the water for some reason. :wink:

By the looks of the foils. One is only 1/2 size and is stuck in the fully up position. The other is only 1/2 way down.

My thoughts. They haven't made any new boards yet and are still using the originals (including the snapped one) i think they are nursing it to find out why the other one snapped

oracle%2072.jpg

Does the marine industry realing want the cup to return to N.Z. Last time we held the cup the marine industry lost so many key

staff it compromised their workmanship and their ability to meet contracts on time and some took years to recover and retrain staff. Some openly expressed that they hoped the cup would never return to N.Z.

No comments from or about what the people in the boat building industry think or feel.

Only one team has applied for hinged foils so far. Which team they not letting on at the moment. I bet it,s Oracle, Coutts is quick and on to anything that makes a boat goes fast and I would not be surprised that he does not have to ask Larry twice if he has a good arguement for dollars or change.

The hinged foils will be going on the Artimis boat

follow up questions if I may -

1 - The above is based on what criteria?

2 - Are you suggesting that unless you have won a AC you'll never be able to claim top dog status?

Well KM, put it like this...

You could have saved all that waffle and just written

1 - Base on the very few who have played in the AC in the last few decades only.

2 - No Comment

1. Few what? People?, countries?... only the best play at the AC. Yeap all those and more. Same faces for how many decades now? Mind you with the AC getting in, what, around 1 race every 5 years I suppose it's nearly like real yachting but just in super slowmo, so that shouldn't be a surprise I suppose.

2. .no comment??.... that is funny considering there was plenty of comment. Yeap there usually is

1. agree about the amount of dosh spent per race... or should that be lack of them!

2. I just added up the words in your 10,000 plus posts... and it not good news on the "plenty of comment" front KM.... :thumbdown: :wink: i am but a learner compared to you Km :thumbup:

P.S.

and JD is in Tears now!!!

Don't think so buddy, still flying http://www.spencerhotel.co.nz/webcam.html

oceancruiser outs him/herself as a troll :roll:

Whats with this troll crap here in NZ.... that is so last decade. Ocean cruiser can have an opinion just like anyone else. he can be right and he can be wrong... after all we all are :think: :twisted:

People who use the troll word and or rubbish people are just poofters who cannot defend their corner.

If you don't like something either speak up, ignore, or move on!.... simple :crazy:

Oracle boat looks good. Although the leeward hull appears to be firmly stuck in the water for some reason. :wink:

By the looks of the foils. One is only 1/2 size and is stuck in the fully up position. The other is only 1/2 way down.

My thoughts. They haven't made any new boards yet and are still using the originals (including the snapped one) i think they are nursing it to find out why the other one snapped

oracle%2072.jpg

:roll: under foiling speed they reduce drag on the foils by lifting them and also allow the hull to lift free to get best speed / VMG...

Do you guys actually sail Multis?

Makes me laugh when you pull the absolute gurus of the sport down with comment like that... like you are world beaters.

ETNZ and Oracle know what they are doing when it comes to sailing thhe peice of kit they are given.

the Kit may be a fast concept or a dog? but untill the sailors sail them and measure the performance data they are just concepts up until race 1 of the AC.

what is absolute is the data coming of these boats in terms of VMG speed height...

This is going to be epic for sure! someone is going to be :thumbdown: and some one :thumbup: :D

Only one team has applied for hinged foils so far. Which team they not letting on at the moment. I bet it,s Oracle, Coutts is quick and on to anything that makes a boat goes fast and I would not be surprised that he does not have to ask Larry twice if he has a good arguement for dollars or change.

The hinged foils will be going on the Artimis boat

thats my pick too!

oracle%2072.jpg

:roll: under foiling speed they reduce drag on the foils by lifting them and also allow the hull to lift free to get best speed / VMG...

Do you guys actually sail Multis?

Makes me laugh when you pull the absolute gurus of the sport down with comment like that... like you are world beaters.

ETNZ and Oracle know what they are doing when it comes to sailing thhe peice of kit they are given.

the Kit may be a fast concept or a dog? but untill the sailors sail them and measure the performance data they are just concepts up until race 1 of the AC.

what is absolute is the data coming of these boats in terms of VMG speed height...

This is going to be epic for sure! someone is going to be :thumbdown: and some one :thumbup: :D

Look at the windward board. Are you telling me it does not look short? To short to even use?

1. agree about the amount of dosh spent per race... or should that be lack of them!

2. I just added up the words in your 10,000 plus posts... and it not good news on the "plenty of comment" front KM.... :thumbdown: :wink: i am but a learner compared to you Km :thumbup:

Cool, an answer to a question never asked and no answer to a question that was asked.

P.S.

and JD is in Tears now!!!

Don't think so buddy, still flying http://www.spencerhotel.co.nz/webcam.html

oceancruiser outs him/herself as a troll :roll:

Whats with this troll crap here in NZ.... that is so last decade. Ocean cruiser can have an opinion just like anyone else. he can be right and he can be wrong... after all we all are :think: :twisted:

People who use the troll word and or rubbish people are just poofters who cannot defend their corner.

If you don't like something either speak up, ignore, or move on!.... simple :crazy:

Hey, dickhead, you don't read posts do you. Oceancrooser said ETNZs rig was down, that's a troll at work if ever I saw it.

Look at the windward board. Are you telling me it does not look short? To short to even use?

they have used the bit that snapped off. you can see it here at the end if this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxioOWSw ... plpp_video

as for the NZ marine industry... 5 out of 7 (8? team korea) AC72 yachts will be/have been built primarily in two yards in New Zealand. not to mention 15ish AC45s. where would these two yards be if not for the Americas Cup? they would certainly have a whole lot less work and be employing a whole lot less people...

OYSTR wrote -

Hey, dickhead, you don't read posts do you. Oceancrooser said ETNZs rig was down, that's a troll at work if ever I saw it.

oyster, maybe he was fed wrong information, may be he way just having fun with you. Maybe he made a mistake. One comment wrong out of how many?... and you jump on this and call him a troll? :wtf:

May be you are the "richard Cranium" for jumping to conclusions.

And if he is a troll then more fool you for taking the bait. Just like I am for re acting to your trolling. But I Would like to think you are not a troll.

Cool, an answer to a question never asked and no answer to a question that was asked.

Both questions answered KM. :wtf:

It wasn't jumping to conclusions, it was just reading exactly what he wrote.

Why do you feel the need to jump in and defend him/her. BTW it seems odd that and account set up over 4 years ago has suddenly become active, don't you think?

It wasn't jumping to conclusions, it was just reading exactly what he wrote.

Why do you feel the need to jump in and defend him/her. BTW it seems odd that and account set up over 4 years ago has suddenly become active, don't you think?

What the?

That's a good conspiracy :wtf:

I thought a troll would no be so patient? Why wait so long to rev people up.

A comment that evokes an emotional response is not trolling but an emotional response might be.

I am not defending him but just pointing Your over zealous use of word troll.

I actually thought he was quite accurate about a few points.

We are all trolls if we use your theory and this example.

Archived