Spring Regatta & Gold Cup Race 1 - Sat, 22 Sept

Richmond

Spring Regatta & Gold Cup Race 1 - Sat, 22 Sept

Skippers Alert - Enter, pay, race and come to the prizegiving for a chance to win 6 bottles of Appleton's Rum and 6 bottles of Coca Cola thanks to Coolstore Construction.

Spring Regatta & Gold Cup Prizegiving - Sun, 23 Sept - 1800 hours at RYC - loads of great prizes for skippers and crew. The bar will be open and the kitchen will be serving burgers and chips. Come and enjoy the fun.

Hey guys we are trying to get some clarification on the course for Saturday. This is what was posted on the Gold Cup thread...

A query on this weekends course. The SI's show the course as follows

Start Orakei Wharf

Passing Rangitoto and Motutapu Islands to Starboard

Motuihe Island to Port

Motuihe yellow buoy to Port

Passage Rock to Starboard

Finishing Orakei Wharf

Where it says "Motuihe yellow buoy to Port" is this the buoy BBYC refers to as "Sergeant channel Yellow Buoy" or is this Browns Is. Navy buoy like previous Spring regattas? It seems a bit odd to reference the Sergeant Channel buoy after referencing Motuihe Island to Port where the next destination is Passage Rock. Am I missing something?

I'd hate to sail the wrong course

If someone could help that would be great!!!

Hey guys we are trying to get some clarification on the course for Saturday. This is what was posted on the Gold Cup thread...

A query on this weekends course. The SI's show the course as follows

Start Orakei Wharf

Passing Rangitoto and Motutapu Islands to Starboard

Motuihe Island to Port

Motuihe yellow buoy to Port

Passage Rock to Starboard

Finishing Orakei Wharf

Where it says "Motuihe yellow buoy to Port" is this the buoy BBYC refers to as "Sergeant channel Yellow Buoy" or is this Browns Is. Navy buoy like previous Spring regattas? It seems a bit odd to reference the Sergeant Channel buoy after referencing Motuihe Island to Port where the next destination is Passage Rock. Am I missing something?

I'd hate to sail the wrong course

If someone could help that would be great!!!

I'm asking the RO for this race this question for you and will post the response if I get one. The disclaimer is of course that the "official" way to get clarifications is still to ask the RO directly, the person named on the NOR and SI.

I CAN add that the name of the yellow special purpose mark in question is given as "Motuihe" on the RYC harbour buoys map (from the 2012-13 Handbook) and "Sargent Channel" on the Auckland Council map (http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/Site ... itions.pdf).

And yes, it also seems to me odd that it would be used as a rounding mark so close to Motuihe.

The RYC RO is now aware of the confusion regarding the yellow special mark racing buoy on the South side of Motuihe and will update the RAYC series RO. So for an official response please contact RAYC as per the NOR.

Unofficially, if I was racing I'd take away from this that the yellow racing mark in question (there is only one), alternatively referred to as the "Motuihe" and "Sergeant Channel" Buoy (this is NOT Navy Buoy Browns Island), should be left to port after rounding Motuihe on your way to Passage Rock.

Trying to get my head around this course, the first parts I have under control, so that is a start.

The yellow mark seems to have everyone confused.

Passage rock is where?

I guess I will find out when I get to the boat but I do like to have an idea beforehand as it makes frontier land run efficiently.

Trying to get my head around this course, the first parts I have under control, so that is a start.

The yellow mark seems to have everyone confused.

Passage rock is where?

I guess I will find out when I get to the boat but I do like to have an idea beforehand as it makes frontier land run efficiently.

Passage Rock is at the Southern entrance to the Waiheke Channel - check NZ 532.

Official Competitors Email that was sent this morning:

2012/2013 Nexus Gold Cup

Hi All,

Thanks for entering the 2012/2013 Nexus Gold Cup, a series hosted by Royal Akarana Yacht Club in conjunction with Richmond Yacht Club, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron and Bucklands Beach Yacht Club.

To date we have 21 entries. This is fantastic and a huge improvement on last year’s entry list of 12. If you know anyone else who is keen to enter, please encourage them to do so ASAP so we can ensure we are prepared for the first race on Saturday.

Queries regarding the Spring Regatta Race 1

• There have been a few questions asked regarding the course for Race 1. We have spoken with Richmond Yacht Club regarding this and the course is as it’s published.

• Note – The Motuihe yellow buoy is not to be confused with the Navy Buoy.

• If you need further clarification please reply to this email.

Entry Fees and PHRF/IRC Handicaps

• There are still a few boats that have not yet paid the entry fee. Please contact Suellen on 524 9945 to arrange payment BEFORE the first race.

• Please forward any outstanding PHRF or IRC documents to suellen@rayc.org.nz or fax to 520 1380 ASAP

Spring Regatta – Invitation to attend the Prize Giving at Richmond Yacht Club

• Richmond Yacht Club is encouraging all Nexus Gold Cup entrants to attend the Prize Giving on Sunday 23rd September.

• Burgers and chips etc. will be available from 1800 hours

• Prize Giving will kick off at approx. 1900 hours

• All Nexus Gold Cup entrants are in the draw to win 6 bottles of Appletons Rum and 6 bottles of Coca Cola thanks to Coolstore Construction

• Please support Richmond Yacht Club and attend this prize giving.

Results

• Results will be posted as soon as they are available on the Nexus Gold Cup page of the RAYC website - http://rayc.org.nz/gold-cup/

• I will email everyone when they are available and also post on the Nexus Gold Cup Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/goldcupinshoreseries

That’s it for the moment!

All official updates will come via email and be available on the website.

Kind Regards,

Suellen

And a reminder that the prizegiving is tonight at the RYC clubhouse:

Spring Regatta & Gold Cup Prizegiving - Sun, 23 Sept - 1800 hours at RYC - loads of great prizes for skippers and crew. The bar will be open and the kitchen will be serving burgers and chips. Come and enjoy the fun.

Skippers Alert - Enter, pay, race and come to the prizegiving for a chance to win 6 bottles of Appleton's Rum and 6 bottles of Coca Cola thanks to Coolstore Construction.

Does anyone have a comment on the start where a sports boat tacked onto port because they were early, tide comming in and they had locked themselves into the corner alongside the start boat?

40 and 50 footers going this way and that to avoid the carnage.

I was not impressed that the sports boat expected everyone to avoid him after such bad judgment.

Note I was in a later start, made no difference to me.

Wouldn't have been a sports boat, they were the last start and were both so late that they couldn't have got in any ones way even if they tried.

Oh, and thanks to the committee boat for waiting for us :lol:

Archived