Three Kings Offshore Race

Aussie

Stupid calendar clashes...

...proving very difficult to get any Wellington boats to do this race this year as it is the same weekend as the RPNYC Port Nicholson annual regatta, and it's a week before the start of the central triangle too.

Grrrr.

I'm keen to try the longer races - if anyone is looking to fill a crew spot please PM me and I will try to convince you I'm worthy. I've got all the gear and have done my Sea Survival course.

Racing Cool Change for 4 days straight sounds like fun but I'm afraid my boat is not up for it.

Cheers - Bryon

seems i ahve had my dates wrong , my attendance is required at a sister n laws wedding on wiaheke over this race weekend, (they forgot to consult me months ago) so cant offer to crew on any boats in this race after all, will i ever to get out to do some exciting sailing again???

Looks like GreeneO and I will both miss it now also, we were looking forward to it too

Off to Panama to sail the new Laissez-faire to the Marquesas via the Galapagos

Looks like GreeneO and I will both miss it now also, we were looking forward to it too

Off to Panama to sail the new Laissez-faire to the Marquesas via the Galapagos

When you say "Laissez-faire" does that mean Mack has a new boat?

Something smaller and less well-appointed - not. I would imagine Danaide had to think that one over for about a nanosecond.

Actually I turned down an offer to do the ARC as it was too shorter notice as he picked it up from the Genoa boat show and was a last minute thing.

But I turn that offer into a offer to help with the Pacific :D

Yeah Im suprised there isn't way more boats for this event?

I think it seems like such a cool idea to have a cat 3 race which is long enough to have real watches.

We are going on Crusader and we are the fastest boat, doesn't seem right where are all the big aboats and all the boats that want to do Fiji seems like the perfect race to build up for that???

I was looking forward to it but the skipper has to work.

Sweet! I'd choose sailing in the tropics over an NZ summer any day.

We aren't going to make the start line for the three kings race but my reason is far less appealing.... I have to work :(

Auckland the City of Snails

Where are all the hardarse sailor that are always banging on about wanting to do something challenging ?

Work is an excuses not a reason

Or are you all latte sippers ?

:wave: :wave: :roll: :oops: :lol:

Archived