10ft mini musto skiff

I just have to say this. When I was JH's age all my text books had pictures of yachts on them. I drew them all the time. I got into trouble for drawing yachts and not doing homework, and not paying attention in class. I wanted to be a boatbuilder and a boat designer. I did neither because I was talked out of it. I let my imagination get squashed, by careers counsellors and the like. Muldoons whacking on the luxury tax killed any chance of an apprenticeship. I'd been talking to Salthouses in Greenhithe at the time and it was looking good up until then. So I was told to be practical and do something sensible. So I did. I don't have any regrets, as there's no point in that, but nonetheless I should have done what I wanted. And built and drawn boats.

JH you're building a boat despite knowing that there are already easier and possibly less expensive ways of getting it to the water. Good on ya mate.

(I don't know why starling $parents$ want to go $carbon$, but thats another story)

im pretty sure there are a few out there being tested. not sure when they could/will be phased it in...

looks like a sweet project, you are making me feel guilty for not getting my a into g and building or buying/redecking/doing up a 3.7.

Guest Dry Reach
I just have to say this. When I was JH's age all my text books had pictures of yachts on them. I drew them all the time. I got into trouble for drawing yachts and not doing homework, and not paying attention in class. I wanted to be a boatbuilder and a boat designer. I did neither because I was talked out of it. I let my imagination get squashed, by careers counsellors and the like. Muldoons whacking on the luxury tax killed any chance of an apprenticeship. I'd been talking to Salthouses in Greenhithe at the time and it was looking good up until then. So I was told to be practical and do something sensible. So I did. I don't have any regrets, as there's no point in that, but nonetheless I should have done what I wanted. And built and drawn boats.

JH you're building a boat despite knowing that there are already easier and possibly less expensive ways of getting it to the water. Good on ya mate.

plus 1! :thumbup: and i too remember spending all my youth drawing boats. Infact the only thing i did well in the 6th form was pass UE Tech Drawing and getting 95% for my yacht design project. oh yeah that and wood work and science!

Guest Dry Reach
JH's ol' man is a boat builder so I'm sure he's getting some good info, but keep on it JH - looking good!

Well say no more. But oi hope dad is leaving him to do it himself.! I am sure he is. Somebody should give this fella a apprenticeship!

thanks guys

i haven't done much on her lately but hopefully all the frames will be faired and screwed on today, and dad brought all the plywood and glass so i may be looking at a finished hull within the month. depending on how motivated i am...

i also looked at a real musto while i was stuck at orakei on saturday AND my cousin 'aquired' a box of carbon offcuts from his work so he has offered to build the vang, chainplates and chute mouth for me.

Archived