Life Jackets

Scotty3934

round the world racers use spinlock (if you can afford it)
Knot that I'm racing around the world but I did look hard at a spinlock, went with the KRU instead and after using it for a few weeks, wearing it for a few long durations and banging it open, just cause I could, I think I made the best choice. The KRU is so much more comfortable to wear. Price it the same.... I think... there abouts..... close as maybe :?

Interesting to hear that KM, I've just been pondering between the two while looking around on the net. Do you think you would have still have chosen the Kru if the Spinlock was on special with 100 bucks off?

Cheers Scotty

Yes probably Scotty but I'm like that. I'd say a hundy off makes it a full on 50/50 call in my eyes.

I am very happy with the KRU. You don't notice your wearing it and it's never in the way. I do like the one zip done and dusted. Makes those bastard buckles I've had to endure for years seem even worse now :)

If you have the time come into Safety at Sea and try them on. Then make your call. We have 3 models of top level PFD/harness. Baltic Race, Kru Sport Pro and Spinlock. Our mid tier is the Baltic Winner. And we have a final runout of the Safety at Sea unit. Only a couple left. We don't stock cheap and nasty.

Kru PFDs and Spinlock - harness only were the choice of the last Volvo.

In terms of clients, we sell the majority of Baltic Winner. I wear this myself as it is a good coastal PFD, and I am advertising. The Baltic Race is great for smaller frames and people who find the PFDs uncomfortable. The Kru is excellent for over the top of wet weather gear and large frames.

The Kru is excellent for over the top of wet weather gear and large frames.
Oui, careful. I swapped smoking for ice cream and pot noodles. Ciggies maybe bad but they are a lot lower in fat :)

Jono is right. If you are that super fit you've gone past that limp 6 pack stage and now into the 1 keg stage, the KRU still fits perfectly.

Yes probably Scotty but I'm like that. I'd say a hundy off makes it a full on 50/50 call in my eyes.

I am very happy with the KRU. You don't notice your wearing it and it's never in the way. I do like the one zip done and dusted. Makes those bastard buckles I've had to endure for years seem even worse now :)

Can you state the price you paid plus whether it was manual- automatic- hydrostatic -please.

Can you state the price you paid plus whether it was manual- automatic- hydrostatic -please.

How many people know if their jacket has a true hydrostatic release or the dissolving disc type - I was told recently that the majority of the auto inflating jackets in NZ are the disolving disc / bobbin type.

How many people know if their jacket has a true hydrostatic release or the dissolving disc type - I was told recently that the majority of the auto inflating jackets in NZ are the disolving disc / bobbin type.

Hydrostatic definition.

The Hydrostatic Inflator Technology offers reliable inflation in a low maintenance design that will only automatically inflate when submerged in 4 or more inches of water and not inadvertently due to rain, spray or humidity. Exclusive to Mustang Survival Brand and maintenance-free for 6 years or until inflated. Made for the most severe marine environments the Deluxe Inflatable PFD with HIT will meet the challenges of the most demanding users.

The price was more than fair and reasonable in comparison with all the competing products.

Manual, I don't like autos.

The price was more than fair and reasonable in comparison with all the competing products.

I hope you are not knocked unconcious when you go overboard. Do you know in a unconcious state when you hit the water you sink like a stone and don't resurface.

Do you know in a unconcious state when you hit the water you sink like a stone and don't resurface.
Nope, but then if I'm lying on the bottom of the Tasman Sea will I care?

Do you know in a unconcious state when you hit the water you sink like a stone and don't resurface.

It would be the first time in over 15 years that I would have been able to submerge without huge amounts of effort. More likely that I fall on my face and breathe in water . . . then what would I care anyway?

The worst part would be Himself having to explain what happened. . . :wink:

Ditto....

Archived