Oracle 72...

Marshy

I feel sorry for them, that's a major setback and hanging off the back of that 60 feet in the air would make you pretty gun-shy for next time.

You mean like this?

GG12-SFOOCT-08791.jpg

I'm amazed no one hurt, it's a long way to fall at pace.

And while I feel for the guys, the boat always looked like a flexy, bouncing dog, not a smooth feline. I hope they sort out their sh*t so there is some proper competition next year.

Anyone care to bet their second cat may be a bit stiffer than the first?

How sh*t house would it be if that actually happened in a race where results are on the line and the crews involved are actually pushing it?

Game over :thumbdown: . Thanks for coming :wave:. See you next time :thumbup: ?????

All good stuff and adds to the excitment.

Oracles mk2 will be a quick as they have invested to much to not suddenly care as some have suggested.

So will ETNZ.

Anyway, now that i have looked around NZ, SEEN THE RECESSION FIRST HAND, i will be there (right in marin county :thumbup: ) in 3 days time (for 2 years) and it will be amazing.

Hope to catch up.

bye :wave: :D

Anyone got any update??

I didn't realise if the boat is more than 50% rooted then rebuilt it counts as the new boat, in which case it can't go sailing until February... or when that date is, someone will know.

Also 1 of the only 3 allowed rigs now trashed. From what I've seen yesterdays one won't be coming back.

They could have no boat to play with for 3-4 months, that will hurt large. As much as I don't want them to win if the boat is that buggered that will be a huge blow for them and that's sad really.

That looks like a Civil Aviation investigation scene just after a big jet ploughed into the ground :?

Interesting to see that in the crash vid the wing didn't seem to blow apart on what was a good impact so all that damage is just from flopping around in the water post crash. Sort of makes it look strong yet very fragile at the same time.

Archived