Coastal classic updates

I woke up this morning and listened to the now casting and was gutted I pulled the pin last night.

however the call was made and the crew found other rides.

Im now very glad I had faith in the forecasts and am sitting this one out!

nowcasting has tiri in the high 40's

Sam - when I read Josh' post saying you were out this morning I found myself thinking smart move. Boats new, why break it for an ego trip. Tough call but well done.

Our apologies for the delays in coverage on the race website. The website received an unprecendented amount of viewers, which caused it to crash. We moved it to a new server, but I was unable to update it until about 20 minutes ago. I am catching up now with what is what, and we are back in business, with the tracker, pics, and commentary. Report in! Email ccinfo@coastalclassic.co.nz or call/text me on 021 273 5070. Many thank! Zoe

46Kn Yeehaa

First off the boat report from TVS

It goes' zero, solent, trinquette= inner forestay, orc = little we one,

Had to gybe to get around Kawau. Breeze got a bit of south in it. 3 reefs and trinquette (????anybody??). Top speed past Rangi46kn!!. Disco (that's one of the crew, they aren't having a dance party)

From Expedition Coppelia 12.23

Through Tiri Channel. TWS 30kn gusts 35kn. No worries plus one other sails down and gone home. No extras behind us, only Stewart 34 has kite in the distance.

from zoe on the website.

I wonder whats happened to Tim or hes just doing a sail change?

David Saggs is sitting near Flat Rock.

He says it is very windy and Georgia is screaming through Tiri under full main and number 2 Genoa. Rantan is equally awesome in her speed, followed by Wired under Gennaker. Steady, guys! A green cat (presumably Timberwolf) is currently bareheaded.

"This is awesome - what a great ride! Hope these sailors had a hot breakfast because it is also a very wet ride!" he tells.

TVS @12.45

Big Breeze off the Hen 40 odd kn. Orc an 3 (not sure what that means - maybe his eyes are blurry from the salt spray?). Back to trim, now 25nm from Poor Knights

Archived