Modern Cherubs

Guest Saturday Night Special

It would not take alot for you guys with these boats to get the class up and running again here and Simon Ganley of the 12 foot skiff class has Albino slug under his house and is for sale its a Tasman xpress hull built by TNZ engineeer Andrew Kensington there were (tere were 8 built from the tx mould (Gas krankenstation, Stonedlonger,Albinio,willy sanka ,molotov cocktail, Flash hart,Purple haze )there were I think about 10 built from the previous mould a development of quiet riot whick will still be around

If you guys want to get racing cherubs again come down and see me (Russell) at the Auckland Sailing Club or send me a pm and we will see how we can help. We have a full on racing program at the moment catering for the skiff classes. There are also a few guys with gascrankenstation era cherubs stored in their garages who would love to see them out racing again. Fyfe has been doing sails for the poms and would be more than willing to help you guys out.

Hey can anybody help out with specs. Ive got quiet riot and I want to convert it to a prod and Genneker set up. Can anyboy tell me what length the prod should be and has anyone got a sec hand genni they would be keen to let go of.

Cheers

I used to own Molitov Cocktail for a few years, loved to sail it!

Ended up selling to a guy in New Plymouth. Not sure if it's still active or not. It was a kevlar hull with carbon prod.

post-10580-141887156203.jpg

Hay

I have Just got given a J/C and a Cherub and want to know if I should do them up and sell the J/C and keep the other one or sell both. Haven't had them out yet they have been sitting around for years so don't no the condition of them and the rigs.

Dose anyone know what it would cost to get a new set of sails for the cherub and to set up the prod?

hay can anyone tell me what the diff is btwn the j/c and the cherub is it just th rig or is there othr diff's im gna go hav a look at one 2mrw all going to plan(old schl as) th guy thnks it mite b a j/c cheers

Guest Saturday Night Special

the JC is a spencer mk1v cherub it has a mast 305mm shorter than a standard cherub if I remember rightly so it has a little less power than the standard sailplan The Tasman express and boats of The late 80s on waards had their sail plan increased from 110 sq ft to 125 sqft and in the late 90s with the advent of the prod kite that was increased in area

hay thnks for that um so u could tke a j/c nd put the biggr rig in it to mke it a cherub this is a late 60's early 70's so th guy says was used 4 the first ten years of its life then parked up in a shed with a wee bit of damage to th bow but easy fix

Hey.

Nice pics. shame the weather didnt come to the party with a bit of puff. Are you guys sailing out of evans bay every saturday? Might try and get quiet riot down in the next couple of weeks before we start on the prod conversion.

Cheers

Hi Steve

Just launched it this weekend, but the boat will be down at the club and be sailing regularly. Is the other cherub keen to come down as well.