Modern Cherubs

I have cherub 2744 which is called Willy Sanker and has a Tasman Express hull which I bought a couple of years ago and started doing it up then ran out of time. The hull is Kevlar and the decks are plywood. The decks have been sanded back to bare timber and the side tanks were fiberglassed as it had a couple of holes the gel coat on the hull is in reasonable condition. A bought all of the fittings for it. It has a good main, jib, geniker, two harnesses. I built a beach cradle for it that sits on top of a normal trailer. It is currently stored in Picton, I need to do something with it as I am moving to wellington for work in a few weeks and won't have room for it. I am keen to sell it, give me a message if your keen or want to know anything

Hi All

Can anyone shed some light on the Tasman express mast rake settings. I am rather green when it comes to this stuff now any info on the setup would help for Albino Slug 2743 ,Hamilton. Also owner of gaskrankenstation was asking me the same questions hes in Timaru.

Nice to get an updated register going if anyones interested, its a start.

Thanks Conan

pirongiarefrigeration@gmail.com

The Cherub that was sold on here a few years ago (earlier in this thread), called Willy Sanka, is finally back on the water. Was sold to a mate of mine, then he on sold to another mate who finished giving it a good birthday (before pics attached) and we took her for a sail on the weekend. Next investment will be some grip tape hopefully. Goes well and is great fun, very cool boats.image.jpegimage.jpeg

(Can someone tell me how to imbed the video link?).....

https://youtu.be/6l8OhMZx0Ss

Haha yeah maybe, we are hoping to make trapesing look a little easier next time now that the boat has grip tape and some windsurfer foot loops. Cherubs sure are a blast though, much faster than I gave them credit for before sailing one.

I do like a black yacht.

Guest Saturday Night Special

There is an attempt to find some of the modern cherubs from later years as there may be a kind of revival PM if you have anything you know

Where are you based? There is a Tasman Experss hull in Picton. I guess you’ve read this thread, Conan (post above) had one in Hamilton in 2014, and he knew of one in timaru, Stonelonger(?) was in Wellington, along with another couple I think. There were only about 8 Tasman express hulls total I think, is it noted earlier in this thread? I can’t remember.

Guest Saturday Night Special

Where are you based? There is a Tasman Experss hull in Picton. I guess you’ve read this thread, Conan (post above) had one in Hamilton in 2014, and he knew of one in timaru, Stonelonger(?) was in Wellington, along with another couple I think. There were only about 8 Tasman express hulls total I think, is it noted earlier in this thread? I can’t remember.

The TX built were TX Gascrankinstation Willy Sanka ,Albino Slug ,Molotov Coctail , Stonedlonger ,Purple Haze ,There were also a bunch of Foreign Affairs built from a mould these were  kiwi flyer ,Touch and go ,Wave  train, MK2 , Oddfellow ,Carbon copy ,Blast bucket and 3 others unnamed ,Stoned longer is in a garage in Auckland,Blast bucket and carbon copy were sold in Australia

I owned purple Haze in Auckland around the year 2000 in half shares with a mate. Not sure what became of it, we kept it at my mates parents house, he went overseas and his folks moved away and I lost track of it. Wicked fun boat though.