BBYC BJ Tyres Single Handed Gulf Alone series

Marshy

Hi all

First Race of the B J Tyre's Gulf Alone series is on Sunday the 25th November.

NOTICE OF RACE HERE

For a course sheet flick me an email - Chrism @ acit.co.nz

Prizegiving and BBQ will be back at the clubhouse Sunday after racing, Come on down and take away a pile of prizes and enjoy the banter! Berths available on the loading dock if wanted.

See you all out on the water.

Marshy

More than likely I'll be there, will chuck an entry in today - its a fun quick course, did it last year with a somewhat average result so hopefully get the most improved trophy this year.

Entry List so far:

Vingilot - Cav 45

Cynosure - Colson 8.4

Cool Change - Ross 8.5m

Manawa - Marauder

Eyelure - Marauder

Lightfoot - R930

Crocodile - Elliott 770

Infiltrator - Whiting 26

Mazurka - Birdsall 34

Bandicoot - Young 88

Lantau - Davidson 28

Yasawa - Chico 30

And there is one coming from Candella - Whiting 29

So some great competition in the Caravan 30 foot range!! And someone for everyone to race!

Marshy

Entry List so far:

Vingilot - Cav 45

Cynosure - Colson 8.4

Cool Change - Ross 8.5m

Manawa - Marauder

Eyelure - Marauder

Lightfoot - R930

Crocodile - Elliott 770

Infiltrator - Whiting 26

Mazurka - Birdsall 34

Bandicoot - Young 88

Lantau - Davidson 28

Yasawa - Chico 30

And there is one coming from Candella - Whiting 29

So some great competition in the Caravan 30 foot range!! And someone for everyone to race!

Marshy

You can add Revolution Blues to that list, apparantly my faxed entry did not arrive? I'll send it again!

Having done it a few times I can say this is an excellent series that is run damn well.

It is well worth the effort to get out and into it.

Sadly I'm broken or would be there again this year. Watch out next year, I'll be back and hopefully more dangerous.

Energy entry just in so that makes 15 boats out of control weaving their way through the anchored fizz-nasties in Motohuie Channel on Sunday. Good luck guys and girls.

Down at Westhaven after taking it easy at the Evolution/NZ Rigging Xmas party on Sat night, set up the boat, double checked everything then went to drop her on the tow bar for the 100m to the ramp to find the jocky wheel was totally seized. Broke the sheer pin in the handle off trying to get her on the tow ball so packed up and cut the jockey wheel off pending replacement. Gutted as it would have been a great day on the water but couldnt make her go splash so was not to be.

Hope you guys had fun.

EE

Well done to all of you that came out, What an awesome fleet! And some fantastic hoists at the start line too which took me by suprise!

Results are up online here: http://www.bbyc.org.nz/Keeler/Latest-Results/1531/

See you for the next one! And any of you guys that can find one mate this friday is our two handed race series to a bay for bbq breakfast and race back saturday arvo. - See other thread Allvo Marine Two Handed Series.

Next weekend is the big one for the BJ Tyres series. Race down the bottom end of Waiheke on Saturday and back on Sunday morning. Sponsors cover barbecue and drinks on Saturday and breakfast Sunday morning. A really great weekend an

D well worth the effort of entering. Also counts for the single handed series.

Archived