2 drowned Boaties

wheels

Unfortunately events like this are what drives officialdom to create legislation that impacts negatively on the majority due to the poor judgement of a few.

Tragic and totally avoidable.

Unfortunately events like this are what drives officialdom to create legislation that impacts negatively on the majority due to the poor judgement of a few.

Tragic and totally avoidable.

I was about to post similar sentiments. It was blowing last night and today. If this leads to calls for compulsory lifejackets I will be a very unhappy chappy. What ever happened to commonsense ? Two rescues in one day !

You only have to look out the bloody window to see how windy and rough it was out there today. Far out. Maybe a rule that idiots should not be aloud to own boats is in order?

You only have to look out the bloody window to see how windy and rough it was out there today. Far out. Maybe a rule that idiots should not be aloud to own boats is in order?

Too many rules already - you can never stop people doing foolhardy things if they are determined to do it. Rules just take the fun out of it for everyone else.

Too many rules already - you can never stop people doing foolhardy things if they are determined to do it. Rules just take the fun out of it for everyone else.

I guess the human race is stronger because of it?

will end up same as WOF's, endless rules to be obeyed and a small minority will do continue to do what they lik and ignore them all. This will result in more accidents and more red tape, licensing etc- endless cycle and more costs which wont really change anything

will end up same as WOF's, endless rules to be obeyed and a small minority will do continue to do what they lik and ignore them all. This will result in more accidents and more red tape, licensing etc- endless cycle and more costs which wont really change anything

Gotta agree, while I am actually in favor of some form of licensing or registration for boats, this is another example of natural selection.

You just can't legislate against this level of stupidity.

Sorry but all the rules needed to prosecute these guys are already in place.

Lifejackets have to be carried and worn when conditions dictate.

Be hard to argue that conditions didn't necessitate wearing lifejackets when a couple of your passengers are dead I would think?

One word - "sad" :(

I would be very curious to know if the per-capita drowning rate in the Islands is as high as among the Pasifika community resident in NZ. i.e. Are NZ waters significantly less forgiving and is that a factor?

....anyhoooo.

+1 on the "what is wrong with some people?".

Probably best that I don't volunteer for coastgaurd.

I'd probably get arrested for assulating some [insert expletive here] in an overloaded, under-equipped tinny out in bad weather conditions.

....anyhoooo.

+1 on the "what is wrong with some people?".

Probably best that I don't volunteer for coastgaurd.

I'd probably get arrested for assulating some [insert expletive here] in an overloaded, under-equipped tinny out in bad weather conditions.

You're right, wouldn't wanna get caught "assulating" anyone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seven adults in a 4.9 metre boat.

The skipper should be prosecuted for overloading and not enough pfd's

ABSOLUTELY!! Its a very clear case of manslaughter, actions which could result in death without the intent to do so.

Archived