End of Year Rum Race

Just as a clarification MarkM

You've got Rona buoy listed as a course mark for the middle length course. My understanding is that you're referring to the Meola buoy (as per the Auckland Council racing buoys information sheet) near the end of Meola Reef, is that correct? Or are you referring to the Chelsea Buoy?

does anyone have a breath tester that is up to standard with the police? I know they are available but with a price tag of $1,000+ I would love to see how my body process alcohol per hour.

Accepted Grinna one should never take navigational pointers from a blind person, Rona's about 300-400m west of the bridge, fairly sure a little to the south of the central span. It's hard and ugly, at least it's aura is.

I tried! I put the word to all my fellow Weymouthians, but they all used work or something as an excuse!

I'm making up for it by bringing probably the youngest crew member, at 22 months.

Leaving soon, will be at Westhaven a bit after 3, pending irryit traffic.

Great evening :) Just wish our water guns had better range and accuracy althought the latter might have been an operator issue! Particularly loved watching Vodafone rapidly running out of room coming back under the bridge at speed for the second time…and thanks to whoever it was that lobbed the bag of jelly babies to us!

Mark - Loved the new course, really added to the spectacle !

I am a but worried about the volunteers in the start tower, a bottle of Mount Gay was demolished, Mrs Grinna turned up with sausages and bread to keep us alive, and it all got a bit silly. Thanks Guys.

(Why does my head hurt?)

Archived