Auckland to Bluff

chic014

For the record, I am no longer reading this thread because of the resultant thread drift and repeat points being made. It's a shame because I was interested in the thread initially. I thought I would comment so that there was some visibility of the impact of thread hijacking, drift, trolling etc. I am sure I am not the only one shaking my head in frustration.

A few have tried and failed to get it back on track but it hasnt happened.

Because it appears you are attacking TVS - you have pretty much stated that the vessel cannot comply with the Cat reqs, and have failed as you are ignorant about the current state of the vessel.

Perhaps if you asked questions rather than appearing to criticize you may get a better response.

Apologies to everyone for the thread drift.

Squid I would totally understand if this thread was deleted.

I am asking questions.

Team Australia is from the same designers and the same design as TVS the Troubled ORMA 60's class.

which have major problems in heavy and storm sailing conditions.

There has just been another Multihull failure although a Catamaran.

If either TVS or Team Australia have a major failure or loss of life racing within NZ especialy in the A2B race in it,s inaugural race

or from NZ waters imagine what that would do to Multihull vessel requirements and the A2B race and all other multihull races within the control off YNZ .

The new safety regs also have quite clear requirements re floatation heights regarding the escape hatches when the vessel is inverted and floatation material / positions and amounts to acheive successful dry escape not wet submerged escape and the Cat class that is to be imposed in certain water tempatures.

Only x rays of the beams would determine the state the vessel is in, so how can you say I'm ignorant.

It would appear you and others rush in at any oportunity and attack me.

Please show me where I have criticize. I have used quotation marks in the posts.

OC.

OC you are a tool with clearly no actual knowledge of these boats, just what you read in a mag by some half arsed french reporter translated to English.

For starters your are WRONG about the designers VPLP designed TVS and Mr Nigel Irens Did Team OZ.

TVS was fully ultra sounded before she was purchased in France.

TVS has been designed to float upside down with her main hatch clear of the water let alone the escape hatches, which would be a good meter clear of the water in an inverted position.

I Have been lucky enough to be on the boat offshore in some truly horrible conditions and it is a truly amazing machine, yes its breakable, yes its flip-able. but show me one boat that in the wrong hands isn't!! Simon hasn't got the A2B on the wish list of races to knock off yet but if he puts it on to our very busy summer program i'll be chucking my hat in the ring for sure.

[quote="oceancruiserIt would appear you and others rush in at any oportunity and attack me.

OC.

I will no longer asks you polite questions.

Goodbye

Archived