Nicky Cruz 7.6

GregW

Thanks for the update Greg. Looks like you used the no screw method for your windows. I'm planning on doing the same on the little Cat, so I really hope they don't fall off. :)

Coming along nicely Greg. The windows look good.

When did you start building the boat?

I think we started at the same time as you, May 2009?

Sam, I started a little before you beginning the main hull frames in Feb 2009. had them stood up on the strong back by the end of June 09. Time line after that:

It took a year to complete the hull (fully painted) - we turned it over on 30 May 2010.

Then it took roughly a year to build the decks cabin and cockpit, hatches etc and paint it. It got moved to the back yard beginning of July 2011.

Floats and beams took 18 months up to Dec 2012 to finish the basic structures, since then making it all fit together more painting, finishing off foils, and a bunch of fiddley bits, rudder etc.

Rodney, let me know when you want to fit your windows I have heaps of the VHB tape left.

Hi Greg

Great job with the windows shes looking real sharp now. Its a neat feeling to be ticking off the things on the left to do list, can't be too many left now, yeha. :thumbup:

Sorry I haven't been around for visit recently but hope to drop in next weekend for a rum and catchup.

Have you come up with a cool name yet Greg?

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Greg

Great job with the windows shes looking real sharp now. Its a neat feeling to be ticking off the things on the left to do list, can't be too many left now, yeha. :thumbup:

Sorry I haven't been around for visit recently but hope to drop in next weekend for a rum and catchup.

Have you come up with a cool name yet Greg?

Cheers

Graeme

LOL. I'll start making ice now :thumbup: No progress on a name yet, other than it definitely won't be Ethyl Meatplow :wink:

Hi all,

Well i finally think I've done enough to drop this beeatch in the drink :D :D :D

Will be moving the bits to the Landing Okahu Bay on the 27th July and would appreciate the assistance of a few able bods to help carry the center hull from the back yard onto the trailer and then onto the cradle at the other end. I'm thinking 11.00 at my place in Balmoral on the day. A dozen people last time found it no sweat.

If anyone is available to help out please PM me or text 021-262-7940 and I'll send address etc.

counting downnnn....

An awesome crew.org response :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: cheers and thanks guys. Most of you have been here before for the last carry but if anyone else wants to come along on the day its @ nine Tennyson St. Balmoral. 11.00-ish on the 27th.

Dean, yes have basic sails sorted but looking for a screecher ATM.

Steve C just bowl along :thumbup:

Archived