Nicky Cruz 7.6

GregW

Cheers Squid - a good incentive :thumbup:

Top coat on today. Non-skid next weekend and clean up and epoxy the inside of cabin. Then it can get chucked in the backyard and I can start the beams and floats. :sailor:

IMGP2470 - Copy.JPG

IMGP2468 - Copy.JPG

Thanks LM. It took a long time to get going but good to have a major component nearly finished. Paint is Altex, 2 coats #3 primer/undercoat and 2 coats Elite Poly Capricorn Yellow rolled on. Of course now the gloss is on I can see all the bits I could have faired a bit better. C'est la vie.

And here she is now in the back yard. Thanks again to all the movers. :thumbup: All painted and ready to screw bits on to (including the bits [well major components actually, but hey....] I have yet to build of course :shock: ) Next couple of weekends will involve a huge shed clean up and reconfiguring the building frame to build the floats side by side.

Edit 29 July added a pic.

IMGP2484 - Copy.JPG

IMGP2487 - Copy.JPG

looks awesome :thumbup: build is trucking along nicely. makes me feel like a slack bastard

Thanks J. H. Sometimes you've just gotta take a break. trick is to keep them short :wink:

No I haven't changed my mind and started building a powercat :wtf:

Been cleaning up the shed, building frames, scarfing stringers and modifying the building frame to take both floats at once. Stood the frames up today, everything looks to be lining up as it should. Yippee!

IMGP2514 - Copy.JPG

IMGP2516.JPG

IMGP2527 - Copy.JPG

You are really motoring through it!

When do you think you will have it in the water?

Cheers AA. John, depends largely on how busy work is. I'll have a better idea once the floats are done. 12 months could be do-able? We'll see.

A couple more. Gunwale stringers now in and transoms - finicky little buggers those - almost ready for (another) bevelling good time :eh:

now if it was a mono you would only need to do it once. :wink: :lol:

Great work keep it up. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Been making lots of sawdust n' shavings the last few weekends. fairing the stringers, Beam mounts in, skin doublers etc. etc. Have all the float panels (24) cut out. Will dry fit those next, then have a major glue-a-thon.

Down to my last 4 sheets of 6mm ply which should be enough to deck the floats and 2 sheets of 9mm for the beams. Seems a long way from 40 sheets of ply and a few hundred metres of timber (lots of which ends up on the floor :wtf: ) 2.something years ago........

DSCF0166 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0167 - Copy.JPG

Quick Xmas update. Life has certainly been intervening this month - anyway finally finished planking the last float today. Getting busy with the sander and some 40 grit belts tomorrow :twisted: :twisted:

DSCF0272.JPG

DSCF0276.JPG

Archived