Nicky Cruz 7.6

GregW

Looks good Greg. Will you have storage lockers in those?

Cheers Rodney. Yes, the white square on the deck is a hatch cut-out, just behind the front beam mount.

coming along Greg what's next, glass the beams?

The beams are already glassed, I just have to finish sanding the front beam and build a pad on it for the mast step.

Lots of sanding this weekend :problem: and finish glassing the float transoms. Then I've got a couple of weeks leave starting Tuesday. Here's hoping for some reasonable weather.

Thanks everyone, it was a busy couple of weeks. Graeme (designer) came over and gave me a hand to line everything up, after which I made a jig and drilled the bolt holes in the beams for the angled mounting bolts. Looking at the boat the next day I figured it would look better with the float bows lifted slightly so I routed 25mm off the bottom of the front beam and then realigned evrything again before using the holes as a guide to drill the holes into the beam mounting blocks in the floats. Then we (brother and I) bolted it all together for the first time. Asper the pic. There are a few bits and pieces to trim off the beams and a mast step to add to the frront beam but its all coming together nicely. So the next step will be to finish and paint the beams and then drag the floats in for painting. Still plenty to do but I have more leave coming up at Xmas so we'll see where we are after that. Its starting to feel like its getting close.

Many thanks to all who have helped out and offered advice and encouragement, taken an interest, donated bits and pieces etc. It would all be a lot harder without your input. Cheers :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DSCF0791.JPG

DSCF0811.JPG

So does the mast hinge forward?

And do your beams fold for trailering?

Very cool to watch this boat be created!

Thanks all.

The mast does hinge forward. The boat does not fold for trailering.

Took some pics when the beams were moved out before bringing the floats back in for painting. Also been glassing the foils and today put the Coppercoat on the floats. Undercoat tomorrow........

Happy New Year everyone (hopefully I'll be spending the next one up at Kawau) :thumbup:

DSCF0823.JPG

DSCF0888.JPG

DSCF0903.JPG

DSCF0906.JPG

Archived