Nicky Cruz 7.6

GregW

Cheers Rodney it will be good to have boat instead of a collection of bits. Your cat looks like its coming on well too. AA the dedication at times is questionable - just got to keep plugging on - anyway its far more interesting now that we are starting to put it all together. Float decks next and that should be the last thing to paint and/or grind..... :clap:

DSCF0913.JPG

DSCF0914.JPG

DSCF0917.JPG

Hi Eric, a large flatbed car trailer will do the trick and a dozen or so bods to carry the main hull. Will probably put her together on the beach at little Shoal Bay.

Floats re-emerge and I have my workshop back. We have a mast....and a boom ( I've hit my head on it 3 times) whats left?? plenty of fittings, outboard bracket to screw on, tramps, squabs, finish rudder and daggerboard etc etc, but the list is gradually whittling down.

DSCF0951 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0968 - Copy.JPG

DSCF0970 - Copy.JPG

Oh and if anyone ever wonder what the difference between a Lewmar 7 and 8 was (given that they look identical on the outside) this is it. One is largely plastique, the other bronze with bearings.

DSCF1058.JPG

A wee update. Fitted mounting pad/spacer for the outboard bracket and Applied non-skid to main hull last weekend - still needs a coat of paint or two to even it out out a bit. Started fastening tracks for nets this weekend and did a bit more to the rudder and the little 'console' for the super-dooper swivelly mainsheet gizmo to sit on. Not a complete waste of time - it also holds half a dozen beers. Have gone through the to-do list and crossed a few things off like cabin windows and other non-essentials - they'll keep. Lots of time consuming fiddly crap at the moment. Still, it beats sanding large areas of glass.

OB mount.jpg

Sprongle.jpg

Rudder.jpg

Oh well sh*t happens, STILL building (or finishing off). However, missing the end of summer kind of took the pressure off a bit, although the weather hasn't been particularly cooperative recently which don't help..... But it was good over the last couple of days so I got the windows in - a job I'd been having nightmares over but I think its worked out ok - or , if they haven't fallen off by next weekend, they're probably permanent. Also been farting around with a retracting prod, re-hashing leaky cockpit hatches, more saddles for bow nets etc. So much FUN :shock:

DSCF1139.JPG

DSCF1141.JPG

DSCF1160.JPG

DSCF1161.JPG

Archived