Carbon Tubes For Sale

Atom Ant

I have two carbon fibre tubes for sale.

Tube one is 2450 long, 116 OD, 105 ID

Tube two is 3250 long, 86 OD, 80 ID

Tube two is reinforced with kevlar along approximately half it's length.

They are both Southern Spars made and were originally made by their one design shop for the Melges 32. Was gonna use them on the Ant, but are no longer needed.

They would be approx 1K each if bought new, and these are new with a few years of dust thrown in at no extra charge. I reckon they have to be worth say $1500 or thereabouts.

tubes.JPG

tubes1.JPG

tubes2.JPG

tubes3.JPG

I like the levitating mobility scouter..... would they be of use as a boom vang?

Depends how big the boat is. I'm sure they would be if it was for Alfa Romeo or Speedboat! Bit I'm no expert, I was going to use them for a retracting carbon prod on Atom Ant, but seeing as I sold the Ant, and now they are just not what is required.

I swear that bow looks like a ferro cement centre hull for a trimaran...

Good concept Atom Aunt, ferro cement is a good cheap home build medium, but aren't trimaran's really sensitive to weight or something? Could be a flaw in your new project :wink:

Nothing wrong with concrete Fish. In fact concrete was so good Hitler used it to make highways. That meant the fast movement of vehicles across the country. Therefore by logic ferro is fast. :wtf:

Indeed, concrete and or ferro cement is a highly versatile medium.

Did you know that in the islands they use ferro cement to make septic tanks? Interestingly, in Tuavalu and Kirabati, over 70% of septic tanks don't have floors in them. This makes them faster to build, and also allows the sea water to drain out after king tides, as most tanks are exceptionally low lying.

Unfortunately it also lets all the "effluent" drain out into the lagoon.

So I guess on that analogy you could also imply that ferro is shite

yer time to own up " Aunty" its a hartley 16 your building ant it :problem: .......... no carbon on them suckers eh !
So you haven't seen any H16's recently. You're in for a surprise when you do.

It's a R780 mold.

Hey AA I no that boat and workshop its looks like a dibley in the back ground !!! It's Karl's new boat lol

He'll be offended if he sees you spelling his name with a "K"! :lol:

Archived