Auckland to Tauranga Race

catyachty

Hi all

Very happy to say that TYPBC have agreed to a buddy-up with Sailonline for this race. SOL will be racing Farr 38s and is hoping to have the tracker of Open Country live on the race screen (OC is being crewed by two SOLers, WairuaExpress and Yachtyakka) which should make it even more fun as we try to leave them in our wakes ... and vice versa.

So.. please do tell all your friends and relos to have a look in to SOL... and of course for any of you who are without a boat in the real race come and make sure there is a good NZ representation in the SOL fleet!

If any group of folks want to run their own team just for this race that is also doable - just let me know the three-four letter prefix and the list of SOL boatnames to apply it to and 'tis done! A boatname change has no impact on rankings etc. An example of what I mean is in the NYC-SFO race right now - have a look for boats beginning with PRU_ - this is a group of guys from an aviation website who are running their own small challenge within the race!!

:thumbup:

I knew that when I said there looks to be a good number of short handed there would be some one who would want to know the numbers, I'll have to go down to check the entries but Willow is probably more on to it than me - I'll get back hopefully with some details.

Also, there is a delay with no.s on the website due to our man who puts the details onto the site has been racing on V5 in Akld over the weekend.

More entrants displayed on the site now though.

A reminder to check the new Cat 3 regs. These came into force 1 Jan. 2 things are the boat safety plan and inflatable life jackets in light. Check YNZ online if unsure or see Safety at Sea at the briefing.

I reckon a good idea for YNZ is to publish the latest changes, summarised to assist this as I think it would be very pro-active. A bit like ISAF do with the sailing rules where they highlight them in red etc.

Archived