Delinquent Dog Owner - name and shame

Deep Purple

Rotoroa is on it's way to becoming the gulf's gem. No pets signs everywhere. So this guy heads off to shore, I yelled out to him "no dogs on the island" he looks at me and looks away as he carries on. The unleashed dog first pisses on the "no dogs" sign and then wanders down the beach and dumps a crap. Notice that the boat is holding on to one of 3 mooring buoys in the bay.

Boat is "Cest La Vie"

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

I think it sux that your not alloud dogs on that island. What harm could a dog on a lead possibly pose to wildlife? As a responsible dog owner I would love to walk around that island but Because I have a dog I can't :thumbdown:

I think it sux that your not alloud dogs on that island. What harm could a dog on a lead possibly pose to wildlife? As a responsible dog owner I would love to walk around that island but Because I have a dog I can't :thumbdown:

You had me for a while there till I realised it was still April Fools where you live :clap:

Perfectly legal below high tide mark.- so long as he was considerate enough to take the sh*t away.

Is that true? $500 fine for landing a dog on mototapu.

Be good to know if it is?

Another April Fools joke? If not then we're screwed, we may as well serve the last Kiwi for thanksgiving.

If you are on a boat with your dog, you cannot take your dog ashore onto a DOC-managed conservation island (including the foreshore) to let it relieve itself. The foreshore includes the entire beach area down to the low tide level.

http://www.doc.govt.nz/Documents/parks-and-recreation/plan-and-prepare/aco-dogs-conservation-land.pdf

I just read that article and I don't take my dog to DOC islands

I just think its a shame so many of the gulf islands prohibit dogs

In this case I don't think DOC would be interested ... they don't have any interest in Rotoroa at all. It's owned by the Salvation Army and leased to a charitable trust who are doing all the planting and improvements and who are looking at releasing kiwi onto the island. The management of Rotoroa is out of DOC's hands.

And just at the moment, it might be challenging to find some DOC employees who still feel motivated and positive about working for DOC. Yet another restructure and the axe is still hanging over the heads of many of them.

We have problems with ignorant dog owners as well. I live next to a DOC reserve where dogs are not allowed but people frequently take there dogs there. It has caused me problems with them straying on my farm. I have had to shoot 2 that were attacking my sheep. The solution is simple, the owners should shoot the dogs and lay poison targetting dogs and see if the ignorant so and so will still land their dogs.

Tell that to the young girl mauled to death. up the road.

no dogs more humans.

I think there is a big difference between dogs. I have a dog that wouldn't harm a flee. Why? Because it is a breed of dog well suited for a pet

I don't agree that people should own aggressive breed dogs and I have a big problem with them aswell

There are a larger number of humans that are a danger to the environment, Why are we not banning them from a number of bays and Islands. Sure nobody wants to walk in dog sh*t any more than the want to swim in human sh*t. How many boats still discharged into anchorages this Easter. How many tossed plastic bags and rubbish overboard. I would bet that this w^&#$@r( Dog owner) was only one of a thousand wankers out on the water at Easter.

Tell that to the young girl mauled to death. up the road.

no dogs more humans.

I think there is a big difference between dogs. I have a dog that wouldn't harm a flee. Why? Because it is a breed of dog well suited for a pet

I don't agree that people should own aggressive breed dogs and I have a big problem with them aswell

What do you consider an aggressive dog breed?

I can guaranty that I can show you any breed of humans that have killed 100x more

Sure nobody wants to walk in dog sh*t any more than the want to swim in human sh*t. How many boats still discharged into anchorages this Easter

Were you eavesdropping last night? We were talking about this at our local. WO looks like it has had a holding tank at some point but not now. Having said that, our Easter #2's were all into land toilets (wife hasn't made the curtain yet). Next project before summer is to install a holding tank.

DOC or the council or whoever should publicise areas where people can take their dogs. I know my folks only go to islands where they can take theirs ashore. I think a lot of people with dogs get to an island and find it’s not allowed, but then it’s too late to work out a plan B. A lot of better trained dogs won’t crap on a boat, so you have to take it ashore to coax it out of them. Maybe some of these islands could have dog areas, much in the way restaurants have smoking areas?

Archived