the ant

otto

No it never did. It has a wire running along just above the deck for the required distance aft of the bow. Apparently it was legal when it rated cat 1 before I owned it and it passed several cat 3 inspections while I owned it, but I wouldn't have a clue if it meets cat 1 now. I always thought they were dangerous as if you put your foot on it, the plastic covering would roll and your foot would then shoot out over the side of the boat thereby assisting in losing your balance, not to mention your shins losing its skin from scraping against the next wire up. Some rules (or interpretations thereof) are just plain stupid.

Go the lads. I hope they have a massive mother load of fun.

+1!!! Big move so early into ownership and a lot of effort required. Good on them. hopefully see them on the water!!

Will be interesting to see how this div goes for numbers given the popularity of the Simrad and other short handed racing like the Barfoot & Thompson series. The Gold Cup has some neat inshore courses - not having to organise a rugby team to sit on the rail just to be competitive suddenly makes the series very attractive :D

A bit like a summer Simrad series with a 'bring an extra mate'.

Archived