dalton update part 2

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/player/onde ... rica-s-cup

Since the other thread has been locked and edited by admin :thumbup: the link above is of the radio interview with newstalkzb from yesterday. During the interview dalton talks about in his opinion, rule creep by both atemis and oracle.

If you would like to post a comment, please;

1 keep to the topic of dalton update :thumbup:

2 no personal attacks of posters comments :silent:

3 if you consider your comment to be thread drift, please start another thread. :thumbdown:

4 if you are a crew admin and you feel thread drift, please lock and edit this thread :clap:

5 keep to the topic of dalton update :wtf:

6 if you discover any links that relate to dalton updaing his opinion on this regatta, please feel free to post them here 8)

7 :think:

8 keep to the topic of dalton update :think:

9 if you want to post comments that are designed to insite a riot, please start another thread

10 :wave:

going down to the boat to play with my rusty nuts now :roll:

Interesting interview. You get the impression he's continually holding back something along the lines of 'So the &U$%^%^ want to *^ and they should be ^&*%^& with a large legume'.

Also very interesting to see but probably shouldn't be surprised ETNZ is more onto this than the other 3, Dalts continued references to the commitments the AC event has a whole for a lot of people who aren't in any of the teams. I suppose he's saying the AC event needs to keep in mind it's social responsibilities especially after promoting the event as a centre for so much.

I heard him say a week or 3 back how if the event fecks over San Fran too much why would AC Management expect any other city to front up with big coin for another event. A good point I thought considering the angst San Fran City seems to have with Lazza A at the moment. I also know the assorted NZ groups have invested a lot of time and money jacking up events in San Fran to show off and promote NZ to many assorted sectors and industries.

His comment 'It's all a huge cock-up' does seem very accurate.

What would the Americas cup be without heated media battles. Less than 2 weeks to go untill the first race and I reckon Oracle are looking very strong with several months of testing still ahead.

WTF is RC smoking?

Oracle Team USA CEO Russell Coutts downplayed the 11th-hour maneuvering. "I've never seen a rules issue decide the outcome of a (Cup) race," he said, and he's been involved in Cup sailing since 1993.

"These guys love to sit around, argue about minutia," he said. "They're not doing it for safety reasons. They want to try to force us to spend a week rebuilding the rudders in the boat shed. That's the only reason they're doing it."

Oracle builds rudders out class rules, wants to change rules to meet what they have built, gets upset when 2 of the 4 parties involved say no?

f*ck off

(Or Have i read that wrong - is is GD saying that last quote?)

RC is in a corner, he is CEO if a failing event. He has Larry and a bunch of sponsors/TV rights holders barking up his arse for delivery.

He is trying to perpetuate some sort of bung spin that is backfiring bigtime - even a lot of the yanks on SA think its cheating which says it all as they are usually pretty one eyed.

Karma is a B*tch and this could go really wrong from him.

I used to be quite a fan of RC, being impressed, more than upset when he took the AC away from NZ. but this AC cycle is a debarcle, of his making, and he has not handled himself well.

His performance at the charity event the other month, and the comments above, make me think he has turned into some kind a snivelling, selfish seppo.

I'm now embarrased by the fact he is a kiwi. Maybe him and brad butterworth are more alike than I used to think.

Up yours wussell! .i..

I used to be quite a fan of RC, being impressed, more than upset when he took the AC away from NZ. but this AC cycle is a debarcle, of his making, and he has not handled himself well.

His performance at the charity event the other month, and the comments above, make me think he has turned into some kind a snivelling, selfish seppo.

I'm now embarrased by the fact he is a kiwi. Maybe him and brad butterworth are more alike than I used to think.

Up yours wussell! .i..

Been saying that for a long time. He was OK until he got the big coin and success after success. Now I think his ego has just got carried away, and I agree with the Karma statement. It's coming back to him..

Agree with everything said above, and then Spittle's comments just make it worse - "why wouldn't you have elevators, it makes tuning and practice so much more efficient" - yeah, especially if you can get the rules changed to make them legal and avoid the hassle of having to learn to make your boat foil without them.

And now the Coast Guard permit has been issued, based on everyone having elevators, and only a week out from the Louis Vuitton. I see ETNZ estimates about a month to design/engineer, fit and trial elevators which must be an absolute minimum, and no doubt would involve quite a bit of re-learning as to how they control the boat. This is probably a bigger safety issue than letting them sail with a configuration that is sorted and is obviously working perfectly fine.

I see too that the rudders have to be a minimum of 2.1m deep - what are the odds that Oracle's just happen to be 2.1m and ETNZ's are 2.0m?!

Thanks Dean Barker for shedding light on issues ETNZ has with new elevator impositions - article on Kiwi Yachting site and Sail World.

It's so well written I actually understand what he is saying and why ETNZ are not happy.

Doesn't this now mean that ETNZ and LR can't race until they redo their rudders? Until the Jury say otherwise, you now need symetrical elevators on your rudder, which they don't have.

The first month of the LV cup is looking pretty bland, with no AC72s being able to compete!

Scuttlebutt’s legal analyst Cory E. Friedman has prepared a detailed tour of the facts which have led to the current Emirates Team New Zealand protest that could change the face of the America’s Cup forever…

There is no provision of the Class Rules that allows the Regatta Director to impose changes based on “safety” or anything else. Instead, Murray hangs his hat upon an anodyne provision of the Protocol: “16 COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS, Competitors shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations of any city, state, national or other governmental authority having jurisdiction over the Event or part thereof.” Murray argues that the Event Permit is an “applicable law[ or] regulation” of the U.S. Government and that the elevators are required. Really?

from here

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2013/ ... p-forever/

he later states

Obviously, there has been a cover up of what the Artemis helmsman’s Dad first reported (called untrue by the powers that be) and now confirmed by Loick Peyron, the one honest man in this whole sorry mess. What Peyron reports, together with what was common knowledge at the time about the structural problems of the Artemis boat, arguably suggest the elements of involuntary manslaughter in California. Obviously, there is plenty to cover up and plenty of people with an interest in keeping it that way at least until the event is finished. Everybody ought to come clean about what happened

Archived