Foreign boat not allowed to leave.

Kestrahl

That is very interesting. I love the way they make changes thenspring them on some poor unsuspecting soul.

Also interesting to hear what others think of us as a destination.

Does anyone know this boat- would like to ask him a few questions.

What changes are they making?

Seems to me they have serious concerns about this chaps boat. Its certainly not the usual course of action Customs takes. Its highly likely that there is a reason for their actions.

(disclaimer, that reason could always be an over zealous inspector)

I love the way you can say any old crap on the web and people will believe it without question, even people with the experience to know better.

The dudes story just doesn't stack up.

Why would an Immigration Officer be at all interested in stainless bolts?

I don't think the dude is giving the whole story, or if he is, I don't think he understands what's being said.

The boat may well be in an unseaworthy condition but I'm sure that if it was it'd be more than just some stainless bolts that are causing concern.

I agree, don't believe it, story is vague, inconsistent, (read the links on that story), boat is poorly prepared, wanting to leave NZ mid winter, planning not to clear in to foreign destinations if a bond is required etc... AND 90 percent or more of the boats around use stainless bolts to fasten chain-plates.

The sort that gives cruisers a bad name :x

Pretty sure I saw that boat at the Barrier over summer, I was pretty amazed it made the trip over.

The post on CF said he has been her 18 months so he must have arrived in summer certainly wouldn,t want to go at this time of year in a well found boat let alone one that isn't ... shall we say up to scratch :problem:

I posted this on the other forum, cause this guy, and his type, piss me off.

Re: New Zealand Immigration Officer Making Wild Claims

You want to go? Go now - no-one will notice in this weather, and it will be the last we'll hear from you. The Authorities are trying to save your stupid ass.

Issued by MetService at: 8:11pm Thursday 20 Jun 2013

Valid to: Midnight Friday 21 Jun 2013

Forecast

*** STORM WARNING IN FORCE ***

Southerly 75 knots easing to 60 knots Friday morning and to 40 knots Friday afternoon. Phenomenal sea easing. Southerly swell rising to 6 metres for a time. Poor visibility in rain.

Bye Bye :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That thread is hilarious, full of grumpy old men "poh poh poh well I'm not going to NZ then" ... o wait.....

The guy sounds like a real ole hippy sailor of yore, hell he made it here, fairly clued up nav/ electronics wise. I read a few other threads of his,the one about ' my forestay has broken and rusted wires in it , should I replace it?' leads me to think he might not be too good with basic mechanics.

I wonder if he knows what he's unleashed. Next time he's in a bay in northland he might be in for a big shunning.

!!

wanting to leave NZ mid winter,

Hey Island Time , I'm curious about that comment, apart from localised weather like we have right now , why wouldn't you?

Next time he's in a bay in northland he might be in for a big shunning.!!

I believe he's up here right now. Any other part of the country care to have him?!

Check this out for another anal US cruiser. It's an excerpt taken from a companies testimonial page where something went wrong and the comment writer went a bit sceptic on the marine service company.

What is with you guys? Is is that you just don't care? stupid? or because I am American and you and your crew are all Muslim and are trying to destroy and kill everything American? You may have tried but I am still alive. I hope you all experience a major setback in your lives very soon."

Like this wayward CF posting dickhead, some people really need to remove the vegetables they obviously have stuck up their arse. Or in these dudes cases probably some cruz missile.

Archived