timberwolf

Alt_IMG_2602v21.jpg

Well here is a great shot of Timberwolf doing exactly what I one day hoped it would, crossing the finish line first at Russell.

Once again my sincere thanks to all of you who helped me get the boat to the stage its at.

Our next goal has to do with a record !

There was a race report from Tim in one of the other Coastal threads but it has slipped back a few pages now (and was also posted by Squid rather than Tim direct). Here it is:

Timberwolf - found the going very tough today. Far too much on to send reports sorry. Happy with the start and thought the masthead gennaker would hang in there a little longer than that.

We then blew out the fractional genny but only cos we stuffed it in. Spent most of the race with 2 reefs in the main and no jib. We saw max wind gust of 37 kn but at times the seas were just evil. We found it dangerous over 18kn in the nasty stuff. Peak speed just over 25 but to be honest this was a day about seamanship and finishing and we found it hard to pushthe boat to its full limit. It did not help at all seeing the Deeds over, my best wishes to Bobbi and Greer, it's never good but great to hear it is back up again.

We only survived that gust by seconds as we got our zero downjust in time as another 35 kn gust hit us. I thought the 50's had a blinder they were really screaming and I guess that has to be close to V% best ever time. We will get caned by racetrack for that race.

Just thrilled to finish, delighted to win div 7, we sailed well and Bryan and Klaus did heaps of sails up and down and changes but it was very hard work and nowI'm just broken. Hardly even felt like a beer and have already woosed off to bed.

Great effort by Crusader that thing really hauls and well done to Borderline for setting a new 8.5 record

No it was great fun other than the port starboard with timber dog

I asked my crew pull the red flag as I called protest but they refused saying different division but given the fact tim cant even apologize for being a blatant cheat and it happens frequently im pretty dark. Didn't only effect me also caused me to majorly luff the boat above me

I asked my crew pull the red flag as I called protest but they refused

Hmmm - I'd have just as much of a problem with that

So after speaking to Tim tonight I apologize for calling him a cheat. Seems he made a mistake that's all.

What would you do. Anthony? Bend over and take

It???