Looking for tracker or similar!

Scubash

Hello fellow boaties!

So I think I have basically come down to buying a tracker, unless I can find something just a tad bit bigger (I'm very little, so I need to be able to handle her and her sails if they go in the dog dodo) that is sea worthy and under 20,000. My goal is to do the Trans Tasman in 2018, but I will need time to get her up to Cat 1 and also get experience sailing her solo. :crazy:

Soooooo does anyone know of any good boats in this range that are for sale that are not posted on trademe? :think:

Thanks in advance!

You should have a look at Strider. She has been there and done that, so some of the expense will already have been covered. A somewhat larger and more powerful vessel than a Tracker, so better able to carry weight and a much better proposition in a Tasman gale.

Good on you Scubash, completely awesome!

I bit the bullet and bought my boat when there were 50,000 good reasons not to. It was the best thing I ever did and now I'm tied to the suburbs with my four sprogs and endless drudgery I still have the memories to dine out on - definitely do it!

definitely do it!

Damn straight. Having got a boat I find myself wondering what the hell I was doing with my life beforehand and why.

So, likewise: Do eeeeeeeeeet !!!!!

Tracker 7.7 Christie looks to be still for sale and is in race trim as she's doing the Simrad. Don't discount Norseman 2, well looked after and a good set of sails with a good race record of late. I went with Tramper due to differnt interior for my young kids.

http://www.westhavenmarinebrokers.co.nz ... 7-7-Yacht/

Do agree with a previos poster though, Strider if your sole goal is the Trans Tasman.

Good luck, Trackers are neat and I look forward to my second sail in mine on Saturdays Simrad. :crazy:

ps I think theres 3 or 4 on J pier westhaven to see differences

I just can't get away from the boats...the water... Spend more time down at westheaven or out on the water (under water bum scrubbing) than I do at home! Better to just save some money and toss the bed to the curb and maybe move on my boat! :P :thumbup: :lol:

you can get the best reactor in AK for under 15, and one has done the Trans Tasman

Which one would that be? :think:

You should have a look at Strider. She has been there and done that, so some of the expense will already have been covered. A somewhat larger and more powerful vessel than a Tracker, so better able to carry weight and a much better proposition in a Tasman gale.

What is Strider? :think:

Would love to go a bit bigger, but would need more money for that... :thumbdown:

Tracker 7.7 Christie looks to be still for sale and is in race trim as she's doing the Simrad. Don't discount Norseman 2, well looked after and a good set of sails with a good race record of late. I went with Tramper due to differnt interior for my young kids.

Christie is a bit on the pricier end for me... If I'm going to spend that much I rather have a bigger boat! Have had a look at Norseman 2 and have looked at her race history. I like the interior of Traquer, but I want one with a diesel engine...anyone know of any other Trackers other than Side Tracked?

Dont gorget the Nova 28. Very sea kindly and easy to sail. Proven offshore vessels.

I hear they are as slow as Raven's :silent: , not too keen... :roll:

Nova 28 go up wind very well mid to high 5's and handle rough weather well, down wind and on a reach they won't get much over 6.5

have a look at http://users.actrix.co.nz/alderwick/nova28.html if you like the nova's

Having sailed on a nova as well as the tracker I would go for the nova any day. Two different yachts and the nova was heavier in all aspects. Would I cross the tasman in a tracker??? Maybe, in a nova??? Wouldnt hesitate............

http://crew.org.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22417

Here's an option

But watch the prop shaft as its already made atleast one pregnant by the sounds

I,ll see that option and raise you this option :D ...

This may be the buy of the year...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-m ... 696654.htm

I agree, the D28 is better than both the Nova and Tracker. A bit faster than both of them, no vices. More room, yes you could live aboard. Like all ageing boats, caveat emptor.

Archived