Knot me's new cockpit...

Dude

serious question, what would it take to repair that sort of hull damage?

Just 3 things... time money and a grinder.

Sorry 4 ... a good set of muscles.

Actually it's quite easy.

Thought this was already sold by the insurance company.

Did the previous bidder change there mind

The buyer found the gear listed in the original sale didn't exist...... had mysteriously disappeared...... cough cough. So the buyer invoked the 'The bits are missing' clause and gave the boat back for a full refund.
serious question, what would it take to repair that sort of hull damage?
Pretty much what Dude said but the consensus of opinion is she's only really good for a bird bath now so rip all the gear off and drop it onto a new hull. For 4K you will get a lot of gear. There is over a grand in the lead alone. There is structure loose inside I'm told so to fix it all up would be quite a big job. You could ask NZRat for a set of plans for the boat he's doing, a ply 930 clone that will use all 930 gear (which he has most of) and whack all the bits over to that. If you want PM me and I can hook you up with more info.

As to the thread title, sorry it's way to cryptic for this simple fellow to make any sense of, and he has tried.... while working on his new cockpit... which isn't blue, hasn't ever sunk nor is it even 930 in appearance.

Pretty much what Dude said but the consensus of opinion is she's only really good for a bird bath now so rip all the gear off and drop it onto a new hull. For 4K you will get a lot of gear. There is over a grand in the lead alone. There is structure loose inside I'm told so to fix it all up would be quite a big job. You could ask NZRat for a set of plans for the boat he's doing, a ply 930 clone that will use all 930 gear (which he has most of) and whack all the bits over to that. If you want PM me and I can hook you up with more info.

Hmmm... Cheers KM, but that level of rebuild/new build makes it sound like it's not the project for me, at this time.

Yes Cessaguy it will be a project for sure. Having a 930 in parts at the moment I can say that with way too much confidence and my hull only needs a paint.

Archived