Todays racing update

Dude

... how are you where are you?...

Today out on the bay destruction 3.0, previously known as race 3, proceed as per usual and once again there was extreme excitement for 200 seconds as the start gun fired and the first Beat got underway.

As per usual there was some attempt to make Borefest2013 look like something resembling a match race but as this "twinkle in a true sailors eye" dwindled...BANG! :thumbup: we had action and some real "blow torch on your Y front" gear failure :wtf: .... then nothing as Luna tosser limped of the course.-.again.

Results to date...

ETNZ - 1 breakdown, one nose dive

LR. - 3 breakdowns and a slow boat

Oracle - multinle breakdowns, cheating allegations, possible dsq from event.

And let's not talk about the wind limit issues :crazy:

In summary the AC has reached new low levels in the field of Yacht racing but the demolition Derby is inspirational.

In summary the AC has reached new low levels in the field of Yacht racing but the demolition Derby is inspirational.

I disagree with that.

Sure it's frustrating that the racing is being held up but I am on the edge of my seat watching it.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy it to but for different reasons...

1. Waiting for a actual race

2. Waiting for a close race or even a close finish.

3. Waiting for competition, aggro, some fight from someone, an aggressive start by LR, competition, ..something resembling a race :wtf:

But mostly I am waiting for and enjoying the tension of

Destruction :thumbup:

What will upset the LR guys about today is that they did it to themselves! If they had the chance to do it again they probably would have just cut the sheet. All of these breakages help ETNZ better prapare for OR in my opinion.

Or take a temporary sheet to the other winch behind the centreboard to unload the sheet with the riding turn. That's what the rolling hitch is for...

The sheet lead to those mainsheet winches does look close to horizontal.

Archived