Solo trans tasman

just looked at the offical site for the solo tasman race, and noticed there is only 18 boats entered now, that means there has been 6 pull out in the last 2 months. also means there is now spaces available for others to get a late entry in..!!

anyone ?

Yeap, Get on in.

I'm in 50/50 place also. Didn't expect the tweaking to cascade into the total rebuild, if you don't describe it as 'finishing a hull and decks' which it effectively is, worse actually as I have to build 1/2 the deck. If all goes well I'll be good but it's knot gonna take much to stop that. A bitch but seeing I ended up so deep in the tweaking it seemed silly to do 1/2 properly and leave 1/2 half-arsed. But we battle on and the TT is still the target.

i guess from my point of view i find it interesting that there are people out there that would put up the $1000 entry and then pull out,

perhaps i could use one of those and enter Oracle, as she is cat2 already after doing round north island, minus a few items like life raft

Best intentions then some sh*t happens I guess O. That's where I am as I never expected to pull so much of my boat apart. At the time I put the paper in there were only a few tickles to do, more a fair few to be honest but nothing like what's ended up happening and is still to happen.

If have a raft you can use if I don't make the startline, I'll have even paid your entry fee :lol: :lol:

And most of all tell the others on here what needs doing so they can help out! - Plenty of able people here keen to see you bugger off to aussie for a while ;-P And if they wont help we will always come over and drink your rum while you work! - Call it motivation

Good advice MB. Getting ready for the RNI has been bigger than I expected but keeping several things on the go at once ensures that time isn't wasted. Lists are great as are deadlines! Other people have been fantastic in helping too. Ray at WH, Andrew of Unitec, Alex, Booboo, KM(log wheel), Grant Jenkins, my wife, and finally the day arrives and magically you're as ready as you will likely be. I was told when you're 80% ready go because you'll never hit a 100%

Archived