Americas Cup race 16 & 17 if needed

Can they do it today? racing has been postponed to 845 due to light winds as there not starting a race under 10 KTS.

EDIT: 845 not 850. The time on the work laptop was five minutes fast.

What the!!!!!!!!!! there goes one port start. can they claw it back? ETNZ were a little late on the last push to the line and paid for it. I like this keeping it close...come on a leg 3 pass.

Looks like no race 2 today.

I'm going to find something less painful like going to the dentist, telling him I had a threesome with his daughter and wife then saying I want 2 teeth pulled with no aesthetic.

Seems like Oracle accelerated way quicker out of that start. If we can't win on Port entry, we are stuffed. The next race is crucial.

Oracle are not making any mistakes and we can't even get close enough to put them under pressure. The boats seem pretty even to me, Oracle extend on the 1st downwind but the leading boat always does that.

Basically it's turning into a classic match-race, the start is crucial as the boats are even and who wins the start normally goes onto win the race.....

So frustrating I can't see this live. Relying on Stuff blog.. Are they faster at the start, or was our time on distance not as good as theirs?

The boats were pretty even over the start line, perhaps they were a fraction quicker at the gun but they just accelerated faster and took our wind....

So frustrating I can't see this live. Relying on Stuff blog.. Are they faster at the start, or was our time on distance not as good as theirs?

They just put the hammer down 0.5-1 second earlier than ETNZ, got to speed faster = game over.

Thyre not match racing Dean afraid to get close at the start. . last downwind leg they played follow the leader gybe gybe gybe try force the error mistake something come on! Why isn't dalts onboard?? Makes me think something is going on behind the scenes here

They just put the hammer down 0.5-1 second earlier than ETNZ, got to speed faster = game over.

Bugger. You have to say, they are just not making mistakes. Awesome sailing from them!

Basically it's turning into a classic match-race, the start is crucial as the boats are even and who wins the start normally goes onto win the race.....
A classic match race my arse. OR got the holeshot and simply covered ETNZ to the finish. They could have left Sir Benny on the beach and taken a Labradoodle as tactician for that one.

The rules of this regatta are insane. Why no Race two, just ask both skippers if they want to race beyond the 2:40 time limit, if they do just get on with it. Why do we have to keep this event dragging on every day. Tomorrow the wind will be too cold to race, or the water too deep..

There is a perfect sailing breeze out there & everyone is going home again. Our local club regattas are better run than this event!!!!

A classic match race my arse. OR got the holeshot and simply covered ETNZ to the finish. They could have left Sir Benny on the beach and taken a Labradoodle as tactician for that one.

That's what match racing is! Winning the start and covering after that!

Archived