Where do you see our sport in NZ ten years from now?

Yes yes, it's all about the multis Clipper. :roll:

I wonder if I can appeal to the thread drift police on a technicality?

I was thinking mainly the local keelboat fleet

Although he did leave it open with "mainly"... :wink:

We'll let it pass.

Certainly the Auckland multi fleet is a success story, nothing wrong with finding out what they are doing right.

Let;s see, fast, small crew, good fleet, what else?

Knot a success as yet I'd say. The multis aren't much different then the keeler 30ft fleet. Lots of old boats being tweaked up and a few new ones. But the trend is definitely in the multis favour as long as they can keep the roll on and don't do something stupid. Gezzz.. some of the current hot multi fleet I sailed on way back in the day when they were new, bit like another boat I sail on these days, actually a few of them.... crap, thinking about it all of them :?

Short sharp thrills. Like bungy jumping and so on but with a bonus like on a multi you can shag the missus at the same time, that can only be all good.

I see a few more NZ built go fast 30ft odd monos happening. But as the rules tighten up they will only be harbour boats due to fast rising costs everywhere.

If the fleets or specifically the financiers of, can live without the having to have the fastest boat on the harbour we may see some action build but I don't think most can live without the fastest boat afloat and they cost.

Archived