Squadron Wednesdays

Great conditions last night, the wind dropped right on cue (apart from a fun squall for a while)

Seven 930's out, the biggest "class". I'm sure the earlier gale put a few off. We had a great race even if a gennaker wasn't the best sail to carry off the wind.

Any good stories?

Bit of Chaos with the 8.5 fleet - few people with old course sheets, some bad at reading - fleet scattered all over the place at one stage. Weird thing was the whole fleet then converged and finished within 2 minutes of each other (apart from the guy who got it completely wrong). That squall was a bit hairy, otherwise was pretty cool nights sailing - some good speeds achieved.

So who's protesting who in the 8.5s?

Is it Epsom Salts vs the Race Committee or the rest of us for sailing the wrong (but right) course?

It's me! Tigre v Epsom.

Epsom were not going to raf so I put a protest in as they sailed the old No 9 course. Hearing is on the 14th.

So who's protesting who in the 8.5s?

Is it Epsom Salts vs the Race Committee or the rest of us for sailing the wrong (but right) course?

It's me! Tigre v Epsom.

Epsom were not going to raf so I put a protest in as they sailed the old No 9 course. Hearing is on the 14th.

Nice Work!

It should not have to go to protest, saling is a self regulating sport if you sail the incorrect course you RAF.

My bet is the Epsom won't turn up waist everyones time and will be DSQ.

Flame away but I call it cheating.

Well I hope that's not the way it plays out - hopefully they RAF B4 the protest. It's an innocent mistake to make so I wouldn't call it cheating but yes you do need to RAF. Thanks Clive for protesting.

It's funny to think that you could start, wait at north head for 10 mins, head back to finish and get the gun. If no one put a protest in you are quids in.

May give it a go sometime eh! :lol:

Retire after finish

From Wikipedia

Retired after finishing is a term used in sailing racing when a boat retires after finishing a race. This means that the sailor only realized at the end of the race that they have broken a rule. Since the consequences of the infringed rule can no longer be applied, the sailors receive the rank "RAF", or retired after finish. This holds the same consequences as receiving a "DNF"; usually a score of the number of boats in the fleet plus one. Such errors may include missing a mark, rounding to the wrong side, ignoring a protest from another boat, etc.

Interesting results in the multis, Hurts looks to have sailed a blinder :thumbup: , is Epsom still using last years course sheet? and TWU one minute behind Taeping after 100 minutes racing, coastal handicap adjustment? :shh:

Archived