Nexus Gold Cup Race 3 - LIVE STREAMING

Aussie

We have some very exciting news! We are working with a live streaming company who will be filming the start of the Gold Cup race tomorrow as well as when boats finish (up the 5pm).

This is a trial run for some of the major events that we are hosting in 2014.

This means that your friends and family can watch all the action from home or from any smart phone. At this stage we have not enabled the use for tablets – as stated, this is a trial run.

Please share this link either via email, facebook, twitter or however you communicate in your world.

http://new.livestream.com/i-filmsport2/ ... ldCupRace3

As this is a trial feedback is important. Please send comments to suellen@rayc.co.nz

Enjoy!

GOLD-CUP-LOGO-400.png

livestream.png

Wow great job.

Am watching over WiFi on my laptop and Sony Xperia - Android ph.

Works really well. Must be a good camera.

The phone opened initially in the Sony Movie app.

Every couple of minutes the phone stream dropped out and a round silver symbol appeared (like buffering maybe).

Then it logged me out and popped the Livestream App to install from Google Play.

Did that. Not the simplest account set up but got there in the end.

Now watching on phone via Livestream App (get that person out from in front of camera!)

Now got Fendall live. Watch out Martin Tasker.. oh yeah Fendall lose the sunnies on camera 8)

Overall great result. Suggest advise phone watchers re options ie maybe recommend they install Livestream App.

Next test is how it goes on the water... Short handed event on tomorrow you could test on http://rayc.co.nz/young88/

:D

Thanks for the feedback so far. Have had a chat with the commentator, he knows he needs to lift his game if he's going to get a call back! It was all very short notice to get someone, and he was a little drugged out from the pain killers he's on due to wing surgery!

I know we said it wouldn't work on iPads or tablets, however I did have it going on my iPad as well as the phone. Was quite impressed, but yes, it did take some fiddling to actually get it going.

There is a lot of work to do to get this ready for the next event, and RAYC will work with Yachting NZ for a few more trial runs on selected events.

We were hoping to get another camera on the start boat, but it didn't happen this time around.

Watch this space!

Archived