END OF YEAR RUM RACE 2013

question regarding sails..... rules say "This is a rum race, so sails allowed are limited to Mains, Mizzens, sails designed to be attached to the forestay, mizzen staysails, gollywobblers."

any allowance for topsail which is part of my normal sail wardrobe?

A couple of notices from RYC

1) They will operate a cash sales line at the bar to speed things up so you have the option of paying cash.

2) there are new licensing laws in effect and no one is particularly sure how they will operate, but one result seems to be that if you turn up pissed as a chook you may not be allowed in. Better to come to the club and do your drinking there.

3) You can't drink your prizes on the premises. So we will give a voucher which you redeem fo ryour rum when you are leaving.

Not too oneroujs now is it?

Cherry-Oh is in again - paid and registered- Sorry mr handicapper, back to the drawing board! :roll:

Oh, and there should be a Quicksilver 16 from Weymouth entering as well, he got a WoF on the trailer specially last week.

Forecast looks promising, around 15 knots and sunny :D

Great service guys. You gave Spearhead a start time before we even entered :D

Entered now. Spearhead in cruising mode with 25 fat non sailors on the rail. I hear Valium has a new square-top main...

Valium will be entered in the "classic" division. Entry requirements are all original sails and in full caravan mode using the actual sails that the boat was delivered new with. :D

:lol: you must either be a hoarder or have way too much space at home if you still have the original sails!

Tigre won't be there this year, heading north...

Have a great time!

I'm now feeling sorry for Markm! Cherry 16, Quicksilver 16, a Mullety, a Maxi and an ORMA 60? and then there's (hopefully) about 90 normal boats to account for!

Man, that's a challenge I wouldn't want!

Have we hit 50 boats yet? The weather looks to be perfect again!

Archived