Wanted To Buy - Concrete Mixer

Atom Ant

Apart from the obvious comments like ' where's wheels when you need 'im', how do you tell whether a concrete mixer is in good nick or not, they all look like they've just done 10 rounds down a river under a lahar.

I simply wasn't going to bite, but hey, seeing as I am here

You do know they have truly _awful_ performance to windward?
Where the heck do you get that idea from??? Or put another way, why would it be any different to a Steel Hull or Glass Hull of exactly the same design. It really comes down to design rather than material for it's performance and like all Boats, there are many differences in both.
I simply wasn't going to bite, but hey, seeing as I am here
You do know they have truly _awful_ performance to windward?
Where the heck do you get that idea from??? Or put another way, why would it be any different to a Steel Hull or Glass Hull of exactly the same design. It really comes down to design rather than material for it's performance and like all Boats, there are many differences in both.

Wheels, have I got this right?

You are seriously advocating sailing a concrete mixer?

I do think you would have more success with the wheel barrow though :wink:

Hey AA, would it not be as cheap to just get a small concrete truck in? Or is access difficult or volume required too small?

I've got one you can borrow in Auckland.

The only downside of the deal is you must store it until the next person needs it. It's been with some good friends for the last 10+ years so they'd be glad to hear from you I'm sure!

Archived