Burst hose on freezer compressor need help!

Settlers Reach

I finally got all my brackets to mount my freezer compressor last week to find one of the hoses had flicked up into the flexi coupling wearing a hole in the pipe.

With one week till I am planning to go away I need to find someone to help me replace the hose an replace the fluids. Had a quick call to 2 people on Friday but they are booked out.

Can anyone help me? The boat is in weiti river, more than happy to put the boat in a marina at gulf harbour for a day if that makes things easier.

It's gas, not fluids, and depending on age, may cost a small fortune. Freezers ran on 406 gas which 90% of our freezers have. This is no longer available and the newer gases require new valves and maybe a clean out of the system. Many frigies carry dwindling stocks of the old gas but it does cost.

The oil is linked to the gas. As in the Gas type requires a corresponding oil type. If you have a leak, you will need new gas and that means new drier as well. It all cascades and gets expensive.

The gas only goes from the evaporator ( in the fridge ) to the condenser. via the compressor. From the condenser to the evaporator, its liquid. Both the gas and liquid, as wheels said, have oil in them to lubricate the compressor.

Try some of the mobile air-conditioning guys, they may be of assistance. Not sure though.

It is oil that has come out, The gas runs between the freezer and condenser

haha love readin this, gas is thoughout the system and the oil is throughout the system which is the prob as the newer generation refrigerants will take the oil from the compressor but drop it pretty quickly which results in no oil in the compressor and a pretty quick lockup/seize, R12 had no probs taking mineral oil and returning it however if your comp has mineral oil still then it's either a charge of R12 or alternate (there are a few) you'll be using 406A as it replicates R12 the closest the other blends are basically a pain in the butt, 134A needs a lubricant(not really called an oil) called polyolester which is both a chemical as well as very hygroscopic (soaks up moisture) and frankly R134A is not really suitable for open drive compressors as it spends far too much time in vacuum while running not to draw in air and moisture via the shaft seal. Best bet for a flex hose would be Auckland Auto air in clemow drive mt wellington, take the old one as a pattern and tape over any open pipes onboard

Archived