25 Yearold Canadian Male, Lots of Experience seeks boat

courtlen

Hello!

My name is Courtlen Beckett, I've been in New Zealand for the last 2 months taking a break from sailing, after crossing the Pacific from Panama to here. I've been on 2 boats so across on the journey and have looooooooooads of experience!

Not only have run Kitchens before but I now have loads of experience cooking aboard ships in rough conditions, making simple but tasty meals out of cans, rationing food and water (on a rather unfortunate journey) and sussing out cheap deals in foreign markets (intermediate Spanish and a lot of patience helps tremendously).

I've helped out with navigation, steered by compass/stars for a weeks after our autopilot died, been through a very hectic 8 day storm, 4 days following our engine failing...and also had blissful months of cruising! Im not phased by problems at sea, am calm, collected, patient, fast learning, eager to help and I dont get sea sick! (just a few small headaches)!

My over all goal is to make it to CAPE TOWN, South Africa, but for the moment I'd be very pleased with Australia...

Definitely very open to go to New Caledonia and possible back up to Fiji or Tonga...

contacting me directly is the best way to get a hold of me at courtlen_beckett@hotmail.com

or you can grab me on skype courtlen.beckett

hope to hear from you!

-courtlen

Archived