Sandspit marina debate continues

shorebreeze

Sandspit marina: Dredging disposal dilemma

The Marina Society have always known that unless they can dump their dredgings (capital and maintenance) in the Sandspit estuary their marina project is not financially viable.

Which is why the marina salesman, in his position as Chairman of the Sandspit Resident and Ratepayers Association, has made another desperate approach to the Rodney Local Board and Auckland Transport to dump the dredgings on the spit.

This has been refused by Auckland Transport. And the marina society has known this since 17 December 2013. So why are they not telling their investors? And – where are they going to dump now? And why is the bid to dump marina dredgings on the spit still on the marina society's website?

nzrat-the documents are all public and the statements are accurate.

However the marina society may wisely choose to remove the bid to dump on the spit from their website. Their marina salesman knew about Auckland Transport's decision on 17th December 2013.

I suggest you go to Council and read the appropriate documents.

The difference between dumping dredgings here or there is simply the cost of transport .... which is piss all in the scheme of things really. If the cost of transporting dredgings from here to there is going to financially corrupt a marina, its basically screwed from the start. I don't believe that a marina application would get this far down the track if it was that marginal. Which suggests that Shorebreeze is incorrect in his(?) analysis. Previous postings from Shorebreeze have shown somewhat of a bias (serious understatement!) which together with the previous logic leads me to believe that Shorebreeze is stirring sh*t.

Guest Saturday Night Special

Grinna he is not even up with the play at all.

so to you Mr trouble maker

-Like it or not Its going ahead(I don't care either way)

-I am 5th generation from the area .I bet you are an import

-You are stirring without foundation .

-I was married to Roger Graces cousin And I respect his views

-your facts are incorrect on where the dumpings will occur (they are not even on the spit or over water)

- If you don't like change move!

nzrat. Some interesting responses. I'd certainly like to know where the intended dump site is now.

Why is it such a secret? Why don't you want to be open with the community and the SYC members?

After all, SYCMS always reckoned this marina was for the community and especially for elderly SYC members who were finding it difficult to get onto moored boats. So is that why SYCMS is advertising the marina berths far and wide?

If it's not on the spit (refused by Auckland transport), it's not in the lagoon (refused consent by ARC) and it's not 'over water', where is it? The conditions of consent don't allow it to be taken out by road. Are you taking it out by helicopter or 747? Or are you returning to re-applying for the Howden's property? SYCMS didn't appeal that refusal of consent.

I wonder why you raised the topic of Dr Roger Grace? Well done for your apparent openness. Obviously you are happy for readers to go to www.whangateauharbourcare.org to view the 'latest sediment trap data'. The SYCMS theoretical estimate was about 30mm sediment accumulation per year. The latest sediment trap results by that highly respected scientist show sediment accumulation to be in the 300mm range per year. That's almost 1/3 of a metre. Why didn't SYCMS have sediment traps installed long before the initial application in 2009? It would have saved a lot of trouble further down the track. Looks like those berth holders are going to be wallowing in mud pretty quickly or wallowing in some big maintenance dredging bills eh.

nzrat..since you are on the exec committee of the SYC, I'm sure you and your team have been diligent with supplying the conditions of consent for the marine and land parts of the proposed marina to all SYC members. I bet they'd like to know what they are in for. But of course being all such honourable men, you would have done that wouldn't you?

Some call debate-stirring. Others call it searching for the truth.

Good morning nzrat; so which rat are you on the SYC executive?

In a debate, the gender and names are not really the issue. The issues are the issue.

So, where is the current dump site? Or does it change daily? If you are indeed on the SYC exec you must know the intended dump site or is that kept a secret from even the exec?

Resource consents have been issued for this project. The time for debate is past Shorebreeze. The time for debate was back when there was consultation and submissions on the consent application were called. All arguments for and against the proposal would have been considered and a decision reached. Once a decision is reached the time for debate has passed.

Give it up Shorebreeze, your arguments have been tested by the proper authorities and have not been found to hold water. This is not the proper forum to test any arguments about this matter. The matter has been decided. Either take it to appeal at the Environment Court (you'd better have some strong arguments if you want to go down that route) or deal with it. Your choice.

Resource consents have been issued for this project. The time for debate is past Shorebreeze. The time for debate was back when there was consultation and submissions on the consent application were called. All arguments for and against the proposal would have been considered and a decision reached. Once a decision is reached the time for debate has passed.

Give it up Shorebreeze, your arguments have been tested by the proper authorities and have not been found to hold water. This is not the proper forum to test any arguments about this matter. The matter has been decided. Either take it to appeal at the Environment Court (you'd better have some strong arguments if you want to go down that route) or deal with it. Your choice.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Looks like you don't like debate eh.

So I'll have one on my own.

Resource consents? Yes.

Building consent? No

SYCMS ticked all the consent required boxes? Probably not.

Dump site? Too secret for anyone to know.

Or maybe there isn't one? SYCMS doesn't want to reveal secret plan. May cause debate. Don't like debates.

Sold all the berths? Hmmm. No?

Got all the money? Hmmm. Touchy subject. Don't want to talk about it.

In a financial mess? I told you, I don't want to talk about it.

Now, if you answered the first question...with honesty, integrity and sincerity...where is the dump site now? then I might just be tempted to stop the debate. No promises but.

Happy fishing guys.

Dump site? Too secret for anyone to know.
Knot secret at all and as an aside the plan is an unusual victory for common sense and practicality...... for a bloody change. It took me 5 mins to find the answer to your question but then I didn't abuse the executive committee as you have so that probably helped.

As it's more fun watching Mr S Breeze contradict himself I won't say what the plan is but the watchers can rest assured it's arguably the best possibly option for the environment as you could get bar not doing it at all. One recently built marina used the same method which worked magnificently and saved both the marina builders and a local ratepayer owned company serious sums of coin in the respective works they were paying for.

See if you can work that out Mr Breeze. If you have much knowledge of recent marina activity around Auckland you should be able to.

Is he by any change related to...

I am starting to think he must be a Twin. Or is it possible that "name that shall not be spoken" has moved to Sandspit.

Mr S Breeze, I heard they are trying to find out your name so they can dump all the Dredgeings on your front Lawn.

So, he will KNOT say what the plan is for dumping.....

Hmmm.... Just another red herring to stop even more investors from pulling out?

Who is 'he' SB?

If you mean nzrat then I don't blame him after your abuse. If you mean me then you need to reread where I said I wouldn't as I think it's fun to leave you hanging, no other reason bar that on a quiet Friday.

But it is no secret and you will like the plan. Try asking politely without resorting to abuse, it worked for me.

Archived