Sandspit marina debate continues

shorebreeze

AC is on a time out from sailing anarchy

Blimey, how bad does someone have to get to be kicked off SA :shock:

Sailor X knows a bit about paint

Is there a connection?

I had thought that at first, but if it is Mr "name that shall not be mentioned", then he has taken some courses in writing skills. Plus Sailor X seems clued up in International Paints. Our other fellow once worked for Altex. I would have thought he would have spouted on about the virtues of the Altex brand. But hey...maybe.

A quiet Friday huh? Ok. let's have some fun.

To wheels who knows enough to be dangerous,

I am a breeze that blows from the shore, apart from that you will knot no more.

Rumpelstiltskin is my name, apart from that, no claim to fame.

Who is he whose name shall not be spoken?

is he the guy I saw eloping

with your hard earned deposit in his Plan B pocket?

Dump your sh't upon my lawn, won't this puppy look so forlorn, but

You'll need a permit to confirm it

Please sweet darling handsome oh so heavenly sir,

Please tell me your plan

and I'll even purr

Is it Plan B, I've heard its swell, or is it plan c,d,e or even more?

Or is it just on the shore?

Grovel, grovel, tail wag, beg, beg, smooch, smooch...want more?

Hey...I haven't been abusive yet

Look I'm wagging my tail and being effusive

It's not me your leavin a hanging

its those poor sods of investors

who should be planning

to scarpa while they can

before all their money goes in the can

along with those who strung them along

they say it won't be long

Why do you call me trouble Maker

Isn't that grumpy of you to abuse the poor joker ?

Yup it is he. Welcome back Mr Brown. Be a good chap and behave!

By the way the plan for the marina is excellent and your worst fears - well they may be just yours.

The marina will be an excellent addition to the area. :thumbup:

Hi Atom Ant. Mr Brown is not back in town. Sounds like you think he's a clown.

And the community is not being told the truth is it? That is the issue to which I return.

Honesty, integrity and sincerity may be on the sign, but not being practiced eh.

AC is on a time out from sailing anarchy

Blimey, how bad does someone have to get to be kicked off SA :shock:

Sailor X knows a bit about paint

Is there a connection?

I had thought that at first, but if it is Mr "name that shall not be mentioned", then he has taken some courses in writing skills. Plus Sailor X seems clued up in International Paints. Our other fellow once worked for Altex. I would have thought he would have spouted on about the virtues of the Altex brand. But hey...maybe.

?...

As I said I had a well reasoned request from someone whose opinion I appreciate.

But I will watch every post and delete anything that is not on topic.

wish some one could dredge coromandel harbour.

Thames Coromandel District Council have just released a plan to dredge the channel to Coromandel Township and rebuild the wharf's + add a small marina.

Now they are looking on how to find the $18m to fund it.

http://tcdc.govt.nz/Your-Council/News-and-Media/News-and-Public-Notices/News-Articles/Fureys-Creek-recommended-option-for-Coromandel-Harbour-development/

Crewogre-thank you for reopening the debate. Debate is the foundation of democracy despite the discomfort it may create.

I don’t believe I have been rude, abusive or strayed off the topic. I can assure you my comments are very clean. I shower every day. I’m not even heard to swear in public-much.

Wheels- You do me wrong. I have never been banned from anywhere. My identity is not the issue. The topic of where the Sandspit marina dredgings are to be dumped is the question to which I would like an answer. Even the investors would like an answer.

nzrat speaks in riddles of where the dredgings are to go and yet (s)he claims to know.

I know the dump site is not Howden’s farm, it’s not the spit ( a big fat no from Auckland Council last year) and it’s not the eastern side of the spit with a new seawall. That has been refused, in writing, at top levels and the marina society knows that. In fact that was known since 17 December 2013, yet the marina website persists in keeping a marina news item posted that the possibility is still alive.

Could I not be persuaded that SYCMS has gone on a long holiday, their computers have all died or they simply wish to convince investors that they have a live dump site?

And why is Coromandel suddenly the topic? maybe start a new topic, the Coro marina proposal.

let's keep to the topic please. :thumbup:

Won't be the same if you don't have a half mile walk up to your bol##x in mud if you miss the turn of the tide!

Yeah been there, done that. Took four hrs for four of us to drag the Inflatable out to enough deep water that we could finally sit in the inflatable. Then motor for a very long way to the Boat that was supposedly anchored at the 2m depth on the chart, but found we were aground. Fortunately the Mud was soft enough for us to push our way through.

I believe our "crew member" Grinna has been involved in the research for the Coramandal idea.

Not quite Wheels, I'm aware of some of the issues surrounding the Coromandel proposal - specifically "contamination" of the sediments in parts of Coro Harbour. I'm also aware of the rather complex process of finding a disposal site for dredged material at sea and the hoops that have to be jumped through for that to happen.

Similarly, I'm not directly involved in the Sandspit Marina, but I am aware of some of the issues there too.

I'm also very much aware that the time for debate with regards to the Sandspit Marina has passed. Official decisions have been made and any further argument at this point is simply wasted energy. Anyone who was genuinely unhappy about the marina project would be well-advised to keep an eagle eye on the construction process and subsequent operations of the marina to ensure they adhered rigidly to their resource consent conditions throughout the process and that sufficient monitoring has been undertaken to assess the effects of construction and operation.

But Grinna, we know the marina has a consent. That is not the topic. There appears to be no place to dump and the dumping site is as far as I know not part of the consent.

So that issue is not settled and I'd like to know why it is such a big secret!

Grinna are you not aware that the resource consent for the marina site is a totally different issue from the dump site!? They are separate! How can I make it plainer than that?

Mr Shorebreeze, I apologise. The thing is, the way you swung the batt right from the beginning put you in the same team as another we used to have visit here that caused no end of trouble. He sends shivers down many of our collective spines and so our suspicions were growing.

But I do have to ask, why are you posing this question here and in the way you have if you are not trying to just stir. The original plan for the Spoil I thought was an excellent suggestion and would greatly benefit the area. Why are you against that original idea exactly?

All the answers are easily found on the web. I just did a quick search and came up with all the info. Or you could also present your question to the Council, or even the Yacht club directly. I am sure they would give you the information you are seeking.

Archived