Sandspit marina debate continues

shorebreeze

+1

Mr Shorebreeze, I apologise. The thing is, the way you swung the batt right from the beginning put you in the same team as another we used to have visit here that caused no end of trouble. He sends shivers down many of our collective spines and so our suspicions were growing.

But I do have to ask, why are you posing this question here and in the way you have if you are not trying to just stir. The original plan for the Spoil I thought was an excellent suggestion and would greatly benefit the area. Why are you against that original idea exactly?

All the answers are easily found on the web. I just did a quick search and came up with all the info. Or you could also present your question to the Council, or even the Yacht club directly. I am sure they would give you the information you are seeking.

Even clean sediment needs consent to dump at sea. It's controlled by Maritime NZ under the MARPOL regulations due to some international treaty signed by NZ. It's got nothing to do with resource consents or regional councils, it's totally controlled by MNZ. On the other hand, land based dumping of clean fill is controlled by district council and it's relatively simple and may well not even require a resource consent.

Wheels-apology accepted. “The thing is, the way you swung the batt right from the beginning put you in the same team as another we used to have visit here that caused no end of trouble. “The original plan for the Spoil I thought was an excellent suggestion and would greatly benefit the area. Why are you against that original idea exactly?”

Trouble and benefit are very subjective words, Wheels. I gather even Mr Jesus was regarded by some as being trouble and communism was regarded by some as a benefit to the people of Poland.

I’m not debating benefits. The community may decide that if you have the spare couple of million still floating around for the resource consent process.

And as for swinging the batt, I’ve never been accused of calling a spade an agricultural implement.

The original idea was Howden’s farm wasn’t it? There are so many plans floating around, Howdens, spit, sea, east side of spit, land fill….how confusing. Which is the latest original?

If you have the answer please let the public know. You can see there are many people watching this debate.

Maybe some of us are potential investors and want to know the whole plot before putting down our hard earned cash.

Grinna- I’m not really debating the marina. I want to know Plan Z as to where the dredgings are going? May I presume that SYCMS is now looking at land dumping? You said; "may well not even need a resource consent" -sorry bro' gotta say-Yeah right. One can't breathe these days without a resource consent. So is it SYCMS's latest plot to take out the dredgings by road or do you think you'll dump it willy nilly all over the SYC piece of land up the road without a resource consent? Or are you intending to future proof the SYC site by raising it several metres-again without a resource consent? SYCMS seems to have so many cunning plots," plots so cunning you could pin a tail on them and call them weasels."

And anyway why was this not thought of many years ago when you had the Einsteinian idea of your marina? Dredging starts on 1 February? Has someone made a bit of a slip that needs to be filled in?

SB, none of the people you are talking to here are SYC, have had any input into the SYC marina nor I'd suggest will ever use it, maybe never even see it. Only one is, or was prior to some name flinging.

Walk down the road then in the door of the SYC and ask them, surely that isn't too hard.

Knot me; These are the kind of issues that the wider public needs to know, not just me.

There are potential investors, ratepayers of wider Auckland, residents, fishing community and SYC members. Even media members may be watching but not commenting. As mentioned before, SYC members are not encouraged to ask questions or enlightened with integrity and sincerity.

:clap:

Wheels, I just had a thought...How do you feel about the salmon farms going into the Marlborough area where you live? Are you happy with that?
Actually I love the idea of more Salmon Farms. I don't know why some people complain about them. They have far less visual impact than the Mussel farms. Those that are against are a typical selfish wealthy few that have it all and don't want anyone else to have any benefit. A Fish Farm in a bay is not a problem especially when compared to the extra income it will bring into NZ and extra jobs it can provide.
These are the kind of issues that the wider public needs to know, not just me.

There are potential investors, ratepayers of wider Auckland, residents, fishing community and SYC members.

As we keep saying, the info is available. We have all looked and found it.

Quite frankly, what you keep dredging up is complete Bollocks. I think the real issue is that your arguments against did not hold up and they start dredging on 1st Feb, so you want to try and cause trouble and maybe that is why so many are not willing to answer any of your questions.

As KM has said, it is no good asking here. None of us have any affiliation with SYC. So once again, we just see your comments as desperately trying to rally a Posy.

As mentioned before, SYC members are not encouraged to ask questions or enlightened with integrity and sincerity.

Once again complete nonsense.

I have been contacted by a member of SYC who says the businessmen behind the marina have tried to shut down the flow of information and debate (and worse).

And I have no real knowledge of the situation at all and therefore have no valid opinion, just repeating what i have heard.

Your yawning Bad kitty tells me that you don't live at Sandspit and don't care what happens to this gem of the Hauraki Gulf? :thumbdown:

Couldn't be more wrong about not caring about the Gulf, or all NZ waters actually.

Don't live at Sandspit but have a Bach at Omaha, with Whangateau being another important estuary environment.

The yawn was actually directed at how you are pushing your opinion on everyone as fact.

I have confidence in the checks & balances that the consent process involves, and having witnessed that happen with the Westpark dredgings I am happy that Sanspit's won't be dropped on Iris Shoal, or in Mansion House Bay.

As boaties we need marinas, and yes they end up in peoples back yard. Personally I don't think they detract from the environment at all, and can be an asset to a Harbour & the local community. Would I be happy if one went in at Omaha?

Well yes actually, as long as the environmental impact was mitigated, bring it on.

So, yawn again, I think you posts on what could be an interesting subject continue to make me feel sleepy. Sorry, nothing personal!

Guest Saturday Night Special

I am on the executive of the SYC. Dave all you have done by opening this up again is allow Mr Shorebreeze the last avenue around to make a noise The local papers are now trying to mend fences the issue is now closed in several magazines construction is beginning and that is all there is ,its going ahead like it or not if you don't like it and you are a newby leave go somewhere else this has been on the drawing board as a plan since the Now deceased commodore Randal Peet and a few othere began the hard stand reclamation 25 odd years back.

I am on the executive of the SYC. Dave all you have done by opening this up again is allow Mr Shorebreeze the last avenue around to make a noise The local papers are now trying to mend fences the issue is now closed in several magazines construction is beginning and that is all there is ,its going ahead like it or not if you don't like it and you are a newby leave go somewhere else this has been on the drawing board as a plan since the Now deceased commodore Randal Peet and a few othere began the hard stand reclamation 25 odd years back.

Sorry NZ Rat but why can't Shore breeze have an opinion and post it here?

Regardless of his view or weather he is wrong or right he is allowed an opinion and it is not up to you or others to silence it. Just like it is not shore breezes right to silence you.

If he is wrong it will be found out sooner or later and this thread will die a natural death. If he is right ... well good on him for sharing it.

You sound like you want to close this down because you have something to hide? Why else would you be so defensive?

It appears there may be more to this than meets the eye.

Just my 2c worth.

Opinion is welcome here. But with many of us knowing a little more of the "behind the scene's " of this situation, we know that this is simply not an opinion, but an attempt at trying to stir up trouble by posting deliberately false information.

You sound like you want to close this down because you have something to hide?

It is he, Shorebreeze that is the one with something to hide.

As we all have said, the info is easy to find. So why does he keep saying it is not.

The Resource consent has been approved. Why does he keep saying it has not.

So for an example of the obvious, He goes on about potential Investors not getting info, well that is an obvious red hearing and complete lie. If SYC wants investment into the project (I have no idea if they do or don't) would you not think that it would be in SYC's best interest to insure that sort of information was available to a potential investor asking the question? If you were an Investor and SYC behaved like that, would you still want to invest? I would be running from the deal. All Shorebreeze is trying to do is create suspicion and put any potential Investors off. He is wanting to create suspicion and concern of the local residents and hopefully stall the process.

Opinion is one thing and I doubt no one here would really care if he posted just an opinion. But this is not the place to pose these questions if they were ligitimate questions, because no one here, apart from nzrat, hase anything to do with the place, nor can any of us have any influence on the project. He should be approaching the Council, or Environment Court or any other Authority that could be related with this project, with his concerns.

IT should really be a ho hum moment, Shorebreeze, ( i'm happy to put my name to my posts one wonders why you wont, perhaps you think you are more important than you really are? ), is trying to fight a rearguard action as his cause is lost, All regulatory hurdles have been successfully passed, his only option is to go wherever he can get oxygen, and of course he gets it here! NZ Rat is well known to be irascible and doesn't suffer fools easily.

Time to move on Shorebreeze, buy a yacht and perhaps you will see things from a different perspective.

Once upon a time folk protested on houses being built where yours is, but you now live there, hopefully happily, but only because their protests failed.

It appears there may be more to this than meets the eye.
I'd like to concur with Mr X. Someone/s on Team Against is feeding some info Ogres way and it must be good stuff. It got the thread reopened but hasn't been posted. All very GCSB like

I reckon it was Dave the Digger driver on a Caterpillar 3360 with a tyre iron in the smoko shed....... or maybe it was the Butler.

my sediments :D exactly there Knot me.

I don't wish to drag up any moat :D points on this nor drag people through the mud but if a Crew.org Ogre has enough info to let this run again then it would a peir there is still some brown stuff to be slung both ways here.

These muddy waters need to be cleared here and we should doo so with out "spit"ing the dummy. :D

my sediments :D exactly there Knot me.

I don't wish to drag up any moat :D points on this nor drag people through the mud but if a Crew.org Ogre has enough info to let this run again then it would a peir there is still some brown stuff to be slung both ways here.

These muddy waters need to be cleared here and we should doo so with out "spit"ing the dummy. :D

:lol: :lol: Give that man a chocolate fish, best it's a Flounder I think.

Between you and Shorebreeze this threads had some great bits of writing. SB's early bits were also brilliantly done.

Archived