C'mon, lets get this up to auckland and racing

Clipper

Guest Dry Reach
and someone should get this down here for some fun....................oh.................thats right................as you were ................ :wink:

http://www.theyachtmarket.com/boatImages.aspx?boatID=69692&iNum=4&backtoboat=%2fboats_for_sale%2f69692%2f%3fsearchid%3d2711517%26page%3d2%26preview%3d%26logview%3dno

8281076large.jpg

?? that is the most rediculous amount of kit ever added to a 1/2 decent boat.

in anything under 10 knots it would be adding more "aero' drag than the things worth!

why not just have adjustable beams the widen the boat! :crazy:

or have a pole with a large aero dynamic (water filled) tank that slides out to windward when you want it!

that kit is :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

so finally someone is going to bring an all out racer to Auckland.

bloody awesome

Am I right in thinking its far to light and over rigged to fit the 8.5 rule? if thats the case it will be interesting to see how it competes against the new and improved Timberwolf and FD, plus 888 and Taeping, coz that'l be its only competition.

I hope it can get cat 3!

Its got orange rudders. It MUST be fast. Who has bought it? I heard rumours of a different, but full on racing cat, being imported about now. Were the rumours untrue, or is there another racing cat about to terrorize the harbour too?

does anyone know why the formula 28 rule died out here? Im sure someone told me FD and Timberwolf were Formula 28's when launched?

Along with Dragon, there were 3x F28 tri's.

In NZ they chose to keep the GBE's competitive by introducing a different rule on Beam, Weight and Rig Height than the F28 rule.

In doing so they effectively prevented the 3x tri's ever being 8.5's.

All 3 were subsequently lengthened to 9.2 m (which they all needed anyway)

( I think Dragon is now 9.5m)

so finally someone is going to bring an all out racer to Auckland.

bloody awesome

Am I right in thinking its far to light and over rigged to fit the 8.5 rule? if thats the case it will be interesting to see how it competes against the new and improved Timberwolf and FD, plus 888 and Taeping, coz that'l be its only competition.

I hope it can get cat 3!

The sentiment that just cos a boat is different, that it will have nothing to race against seems pretty common amongst some of the 8.5 sector.

In my view at the moment the only multihull with nothing to race against is G3, only because it is too flippen fast.

For every other boat sailing, there are the two boats immediately above them, and the two boats immediately below them on racetrack.

Based on that, Timberwolfs closest competition is 888, Taeping, Dirty Deeds and Attitude.

We have had good races against all those boats at some stage or another, along with plenty of other boats that are similar.

The new F28 cat will fit right in, I should think it will be super competitive with all the boats you mention, but I can also see the Top 8.5's giving it a good run for its money in stronger breeze.

One day (hopefully) the multi fleet will grow so big it will have to be split into two divisions. If it were up to you Mr Wolf how would it be split?

One day (hopefully) the multi fleet will grow so big it will have to be split into two divisions. If it were up to you Mr Wolf how would it be split?

Same as the keelboats, be split by Handicaps (Racetrack). Top half in Div1 bottom half in div 2.

If the top 8.5's want to sail in Div2 they can.

Same as the keelboats, be split by Handicaps (Racetrack). Top half in Div1 bottom half in div 2.

If the top 8.5's want to sail in Div2 they can.

What a Stupid idea tim. this is why we are trying to keep the rig heights reduced as to keep the 8.5's a CLASS :roll: why the f**k would we build an 8.5 only to split them into 2 divisions when numbers start to get good? I'm not anti racing with the open fleet but hearing this sh*t just grates me because the 8.5's get shafted in the light and you guys all rant on about how good it is racing with the top 8.5's. Well I bet attitude, lucifer and maybe us too would all kick your asses if we "Unrestricted" our sail plans.... perhaps some of us have already done this eh? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Enjoy

Bobbo

Well I bet attitude, lucifer and maybe us too would all kick your asses if we "Unrestricted" our sail plans.... perhaps some of us have already done this eh? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Enjoy

Bobbo

Struggling to follow this one - done what? A: - kicked his ass or B: "Unrestricted" your sail plan?

Archived